Author Topic: Trump says he will not debate RFK Jr. as he leaves court: 'He's not a serious candidate'  (Read 103 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2 hours ago
Trump says he will not debate RFK Jr. as he leaves court: 'He's not a serious candidate'
By Post Staff Report

Donald Trump said he would not debate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., citing his low polling numbers in comments made after he left court Thursday.

"I don't know anything about him," Trump said. "RFK is polling very low. He's not a serious candidate. They say he hurts [Joe] Biden, I don't know who he hurts. He won't hurt me."

"He's got to get his numbers up a lot higher before he's credible. The numbers that he's taken away they say will be against Biden but I don't know, I'm not so sure – it could be a little bit against me. I don't see him as a factor."

Just a few weeks earlier, Trump urged liberals to vote for RFK Jr. in the election, claiming that he is a "better man than Joe Biden."

“RFK Jr. is, as you know, the most radical left candidate in the race. He’s more so than the Green Party. He’s more so than even crooked Joe Biden. But he’s got some nice things about him. I happen to like him,” Trump, 77, said in a video posted on Truth Social.

RFK Jr., an independent candidate, has long been viewed as a possible spoiler candidate who could steal votes from Biden.

The 70-year-old even offered the sitting president a "no spoiler" challenge to determine who has the best chance of defeating Trump in the 2024 election.

Also in his post-trial remarks, Trump claimed that he is "not allowed" to testify in the "hush money" trial because he is under an "unconstitutional" gag order.

The former president had said last week he would testify during this trial and the gag order would not prevent his ability to do so.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/02/us-news/trumps-hush-money-nyc-trial-live-updates-photos-testimony-more/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34