Author Topic: SpaceX Wins Appeals Court Order to Freeze Labor Board Case (1)  (Read 659 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Bloomberg Law by Robert Iafolla 5/2/2024

•   Injunction arises from constitutional challenge to NLRB

•   SpaceX worked around order to transfer case to California

SpaceX secured a temporary reprieve from a National Labor Relations Board case alleging the Elon Musk-led company illegally fired workers.

The US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit on Thursday granted SpaceX’s request to block the NLRB’s administrative case pending the company’s challenge to a lower court’s “effective denial” of its request for an injunction. The single-sentence order contained no legal reasoning and simply announced the granting of the company’s emergency motion.

The order stems from SpaceX’s lawsuit alleging that the NLRB’s structure and how it administers federal labor law violates the US Constitution.

The company’s underlying arguments go beyond just shielding it from an unfair labor practice case, as they threaten the existence of the only means to enforce the National Labor Relations Act.

SpaceX obtained an injunction halting the NLRB proceedings from the New Orleans-based Fifth Circuit—which has precedent favorable to the company’s legal position—despite a February order that called for the case to be transferred to a California federal court.

More: https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/spacex-secures-appeals-court-order-to-freeze-labor-board-case

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: SpaceX Wins Appeals Court Order to Freeze Labor Board Case (1)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 10:52:36 pm »
There is another agency that needs to be gone.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: SpaceX Wins Appeals Court Order to Freeze Labor Board Case (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 06:39:04 am »
There is another agency that needs to be gone.
They are Legion...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien