Author Topic: Colorado county ordinance would prevent taxpayer funds to assist illegal immigrants  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Colorado county ordinance would prevent taxpayer funds to assist illegal immigrants

The ordinance will prohibit the appropriation of funds for the purchasing property for providing “emergency sheltering of illegal aliens.”

By Joe Mueller | The Center Square
Published: April 29, 2024 11:14pm

Weld County commissioners gave their initial approval for an ordinance preventing taxpayer funds to assist illegal immigrants, a move they say is "aimed at countering misinformation."

In a 5-0 vote, the commissioners repealed and reenacted an ordinance regarding general and special funds. Two other public readings of the ordinance must take place before the board formally votes to adopt the change.

Kevin Ross, chairman of the commissioners, said the ordinance was necessary to provide transparency on county expenditures.

https://justthenews.com/nation/state...assist-illegal
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson