Author Topic: Biden White House starts end run around Supreme Court WOTUS ruling  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden White House starts end run around Supreme Court WOTUS ruling
By
Bonner Cohen, Ph. D.
|
May 2nd, 2024

At an April 23 “Water Summit” at the White House, the Biden administration announced a multi-agency plan reasserting the federal role in determining the future of wetlands in the wake of last year’s landmark Supreme Court Decision limiting Washington’s authority to regulate “waters of the United States” (WOTUS).

The administration’s move on wetlands appears to be part of a concerted effort to get as many rules and regulations as possible in place by the end of the year, in the event there is no second Biden term.

In April, alone, the Biden Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued new rules setting stricter emissions standards for heavy-duty trucks, buses, and other vehicles by 2027, mandated steeper emissions cuts from new natural gas power plants and existing coal plants, and approved a California plan to mandate zero-emissions locomotives on all rail lines in the state by 2030, a move that could be adopted by like-minded states thereby crippling the nation’s vast freight rail network. Zero-emissions locomotives simply do not exist and are not likely to by the arbitrarily set deadline.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/05/02/biden-white-house-starts-end-run-around-supreme-court-wotus-ruling/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=biden-white-house-starts-end-run-around-supreme-court-wotus-ruling&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=biden-white-house-starts-end-run-around-supreme-court-wotus-ruling
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson