Author Topic: New Biden EPA rule puts all of us at risk of energy shortages  (Read 224 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 New Biden EPA rule puts all of us at risk of energy shortages
Opinion by Kristen Walker • 5h • 

Biden admin looking to cut carbon emissions from power plants

Get ready for more energy shortages. The Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) power plant rule was finalized last week, and it is bad news for America’s energy supply.

Under the new rule, all coal plants that plan to stay open beyond 2039 and any new natural gas plant would have to cut or capture 90% of their carbon dioxide emissions by 2032.

Plants that expect to retire by 2039 face less stringent standards but still would have to capture some emissions. And while current natural gas plants are safe for the time being, any new plant will have to adhere to these regulations.

Carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) is the idea that CO2 can be captured, transported and then stored in underground wells. But despite decades of research and development, CCS remains extremely expensive and largely unsuccessful. Only a handful of functioning CCS facilities operate worldwide, and they only capture a small fraction of what experts had projected.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-biden-epa-rule-puts-all-of-us-at-risk-of-energy-shortages/ar-AA1o15xU?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=c9e2394cc23045ebd009b32231a68bb9&ei=9
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: New Biden EPA rule puts all of us at risk of energy shortages
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 09:57:17 pm »
The only way to save the country may be to CLOSE the environmental protection agency.
Just flat-out shut it down, repeal all the rules and regulations (ALL of them), and go back to where we were in, say, 1968.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 11:52:07 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 12:02:32 am »
The only way to save the country may be to CLOSE the environmental protection agency.
Just flat-out shut it down, repeal all the rules and regulations (ALL of them), and go back to where we were in, say, 1968.
It just might take that. Remove CO2 from the pollution list and let the plants have a field day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 12:29:15 am »
1.) My electricity bill will go up.
2.) I'll experience more rolling brownouts during heat of Summer and cold of Winter.
3.) Carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) will poison groundwater.

////00000////

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.