Author Topic: Trump Vows to End Biden’s ‘Insane Electric Vehicle Mandate’: Would ‘Kill Michigan’s Economy’  (Read 873 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Vows to End Biden’s ‘Insane Electric Vehicle Mandate’: Would ‘Kill Michigan’s Economy’

Nick Gilbertson 1 May 2024

Former President Donald Trump vowed to end President Joe Biden’s electric vehicle (EV) rule, which he says would “kill” Michigan’s economy and benefit China, if elected while speaking in Freeland, MI, on Wednesday night.

Trump said he would “terminate Joe Biden’s radical plan to kill Michigan’s economy by repealing his insane electric vehicle mandate.”

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1785793682647498906

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/05/01/trump-vows-to-end-bidens-insane-electric-vehicle-mandate-would-kill-michigans-economy/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

It's not just MI that's going to suffer; the entire country will.  The EV mandate is ridiculous, absurd and just a way for the DEMS to further destroy this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline collins

they are going to have to roll back these mandates - the infrastructure and the technology is just not there. I looked into buying an EV but decided not to help communist China.

Offline berdie

they are going to have to roll back these mandates - the infrastructure and the technology is just not there. I looked into buying an EV but decided not to help communist China.

As with most things, this has not been thought thru. In some instances an EV may work, but definitely not all. Most houses don't have the adequate supply of electricity to power an automobile. If we are being told to cut off a/c and heat...how the heck would powering a car work?

Offline libertybele

As with most things, this has not been thought thru. In some instances an EV may work, but definitely not all. Most houses don't have the adequate supply of electricity to power an automobile. If we are being told to cut off a/c and heat...how the heck would powering a car work?

DEMS not thinking things thru?  Of course they have. They'll come up with anything right now that will add fuel to the fire of a Republic that is slowly burning.   **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

More than that... Step out of the city and dang near every woman is driving a Tahoe or a Suburban because that's the only thing left big enough to haul all the kids around.

That's the reality. Try and make a tahoe and a suburban that can put in the high miles needed for rural life.
Then a pickup - A one ton 4wheel drive that can pull a 4 horse trailer... Because that's what her old man is driving.

Then make em work in 30 below, up a mountain.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 10:08:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline berdie

More than that... Step out of the city and dang near every woman is driving a Tahoe or a Suburban because that's the only thing left big enough to haul all the kids around.

That's the reality. Try and make a tahoe and a suburban that can put in the high miles needed for rural life.
Then a pickup - A one ton 4wheel drive that can pull a 4 horse trailer... Because that's what her old man is driving.

Then make em work in 30 below, up a mountain.

I drive, and have driven a truck for longer that I can remember. I can see out, get out, use for multiple use (hauling etc.) and resale is better. I don't deal with your temps, thank you Lord. An EV won't work for me so I just go out and pray over my 10 year old daily. :laugh:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I'm sorry @berdie but I believe it HAS been thoroughly thought through but the goal isn't what most think it is.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

EV mandates are required because there is insufficient natural market demand to meet their targets.

When given a choice, consumers still prefer internal combustion engines.  The communist solutiuon is to take away choice.

////00000////

History has proven that centrally-planned Government economies outperform market economies.  Just look at the success of the Soviet Union and North Korea.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 12:41:41 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

I drive, and have driven a truck for longer that I can remember. I can see out, get out, use for multiple use (hauling etc.) and resale is better. I don't deal with your temps, thank you Lord. An EV won't work for me so I just go out and pray over my 10 year old daily. :laugh:

I can't wait to get back in my truck. And up some God-forsaken mountain road somewhere...  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's not just MI that's going to suffer; the entire country will.  The EV mandate is ridiculous, absurd and just a way for the DEMS to further destroy this country.

See a difference between Trump and Biden yet?

Offline LMAO

////00000////

History has proven that centrally-planned Government economies outperform market economies.  Just look at the success of the Soviet Union and North Korea.

You forgot Cuba and Venezuela
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

I thought these people were supposed to be “pro choice?”

I guess they still are as long as you make the choices they want
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline collins

The left and their push for masks and vaccines showed me exactly that they were anything but "pro-choice".

I still want the government just to butt out of the auto industry, they always kill innovation, never promote it, and EVs need a lot of innovation to be wide-spread. I *may* buy some sort of hybrid, but I bet I'll bother plugging it in much if I do, just use (gasp!) gasoline.

Offline LMAO

The left and their push for masks and vaccines showed me exactly that they were anything but "pro-choice".

I still want the government just to butt out of the auto industry, they always kill innovation, never promote it, and EVs need a lot of innovation to be wide-spread. I *may* buy some sort of hybrid, but I bet I'll bother plugging it in much if I do, just use (gasp!) gasoline.

Boom!!!!

No truer words have been spoken

Barry Goldwater