Author Topic: Walmart launches its largest private grocery brand in decades  (Read 324 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 April 30, 2024 3:19pm EDT | Updated April 30, 2024 3:20pm EDT
Walmart launches its largest private grocery brand in decades
Private brands have been gaining market share from national brands, Circana reported

By Daniella Genovese FOXBusiness

Walmart announced Tuesday that it is launching its largest private food brand in decades to lure in more cost-conscious shoppers.

The brand, Bettergoods, will encompass 300 items including frozen, dairy, snacks, beverages, pasta, soups, coffee and chocolate, the Arkansas-based retailer said.

All the items will cost between $2 and $15; "most products" will be priced under $5, Walmart said.

To set itself apart, Walmart touted that Bettergoods isn't a direct alternative to national brand offerings but rather "unique" to Walmart, including specialty salts and seasonings, like Hot Honey Seasoning, or jar soups, including our Creamy Corn Jalapeno Chowder.

The company already has two private labels, Great Value and Equate, which are lower-cost alternatives to national brand products.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/walmart-launches-largest-private-grocery-brand-in-decades
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Walmart launches its largest private grocery brand in decades
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 10:06:11 pm »
As profit margins shrink daily, stores have to do what they can to survive.  This may have ripple effect on other chains... and not a good effect.  Private label products are becoming more popular as consumers feel their buying power shrinking. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 10:15:17 pm »
This sounds like Kroger's "Private Selection" line, which is very good.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 10:26:05 pm »
This sounds like Kroger's "Private Selection" line, which is very good.

Yeah but, wallyworld will "survey" Kroger prices and price their private label comparables lower. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 10:26:41 pm »
I normally buy name brand foods at Walmart (other than meat) because it's much cheaper than the other supermarket that we have.  We are very limited in this area we have; Target, Walmart or Publix with Publix being at the very high end (ridiculously high). We do have one Winn Dixie but the store has much to be desired in the line of cleanliness, and I haven't shopped there in years.

So, when the new Walmart brand hits the shelves, I'll read the labels for ingredients and decide that way before I buy.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 10:27:38 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 10:33:34 pm »
I normally buy name brand foods at Walmart (other than meat)

Good God. Wallyworld meat sucks.  I think they somehow bypass the labeling laws and don't tell us they sell meat from Mexico.  I grilled a so called "top sirloin" from them last week and I swear you could see the jockey's whip marks on it.  Tuff as whale hide and the flavor of the dog Obama ate when he visited his birth place...Kenya

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 10:46:24 pm »
Good God. Wallyworld meat sucks.  I think they somehow bypass the labeling laws and don't tell us they sell meat from Mexico.  I grilled a so called "top sirloin" from them last week and I swear you could see the jockey's whip marks on it.  Tuff as whale hide and the flavor of the dog Obama ate when he visited his birth place...Kenya

Lol.  I've never bought meat from Walmart. My BIL bought it once and invited us over -- nope, notta, never again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2024, 10:57:54 pm »

I don't buy meat or  fresh veggis at Walmart...I do buy their Equate brand for Ibprofen and stuff like that..and name brand can goods.

I buy all my meat and fresh veggis at Kroger and I sometimes shop at Aldis especially for baking needs.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34