Author Topic: ‘Economic suicide’: Biden admin justifies tax hike based on racial criteria  (Read 231 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Economic suicide’: Biden admin justifies tax hike based on racial criteria
April 29, 2024 | Will Kessler

The Biden administration’s analysis of its revenue proposals for fiscal year 2025 argues that targeted tax hikes that disproportionately affect white people would ease racial wealth inequality.

Increasing taxes on capital gains and income-based wealth would reduce racial wealth inequality for black and Hispanic families, the Treasury Department outlined in the analysis published in mid-March. The Treasury points out that white families disproportionately hold assets subject to capital gains tax or are in a higher tax bracket, meaning a hike in those taxes would benefit black and Hispanic families.

The Biden administration argues for taxing capital income for high-income earners at “ordinary rates,” increasing the top rate from 37% to 39.6% for those who earn more than $1 million a year. Taxes on net investment income would also be hiked by 1.2 percentage points to 5% for those who make over $400,000 per year, bringing the total top marginal rate to 44.6%.

“Taxing capital gains at 44.6% at the federal level — not to mention state taxes — would be economic suicide,” Preston Brashers, a research fellow for tax policy in the Heritage Foundation’s Grover M. Hermann Center for the Federal Budget, told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “Before the tax ever took effect, investors would rush to pull their money out of equities subject to such exorbitant tax rates. U.S. businesses would be starved for capital, and business activity would slow to a crawl. Ultimately, corporate income and capital gains income would fall off a cliff, so the net result would be less tax revenue, not more. The middle class and working class would be slammed with mass layoffs and lower real wages.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2024/04/29/economic-suicide-biden-admin-justifies-tax-hike-based-on-racial-criteria-1455988/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Expatriations should go up. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We have real men of genius pushing Bidens tax agenda.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

This is a political party that is obsessed with identity politics

They will burn the country down before they give up that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
We have real men of genius pushing Bidens tax agenda.

Everybody on the forum knows full well it's the Kenyan.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Shameless Political awhoring since slick willy with few exceptions up until now, has gotten us to where we are now at.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions