Author Topic: Jamaal Bowman ‘Fully’ in Favor of Resettling Gaza Migrants in U.S.  (Read 364 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Jamaal Bowman ‘Fully’ in Favor of Resettling Gaza Migrants in U.S.

by ELIZABETH WEIBEL 29 Apr 2024

Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) expressed his full “support” for the United States to “bring in” Palestinian refugees from Gaza.

During an interview with a reporter from Yonkers Voice, Bowman said the U.S. is a “land of immigrants” and “asylum seekers” that has always opened its “doors to immigrants,” saying, “ fully support that,” in response to a question regarding the U.S. opening its doors to migrants from Gaza.

“Should the United States bring in people from Gaza?” the reporter asked Bowman.

“We are a land of migrants, and we are a land of asylum seekers — anyone escaping persecution and oppression and violence — the United States has always been an open home to those people,” Bowman answered:

So, whether they’re coming from Palestine, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, [or] Haiti, they’re coming here to contribute to our economy, which 99.9 percent of them are. We’ve always been a place to open our doors to immigrants coming here, so, yeah, fully support that.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...grants-in-u-s/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
And I'm all for resettling Jamal Bowman in Gaza! ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
All I can say is: "Oh, HELL NO!"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The West Bank used to be part of Jordan, and they won't even take more Palestinian Arabs.  If Jordan and Egypt won't take them, we need to take their hint.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online rustynail

$3.5 Billion Slipped Into Ukraine-Israel Aid Bill To 'Supercharge Mass Migration From The Middle East'

Tucked away in the $95 billion military aid package for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan is a $3.5 billion slush fund to open new processing centers for Muslim migrants, in what Sen. Eric Schmitt described as a bid to "supercharge mass migration from the Middle East."

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/35-billion-slipped-ukraine-israel-aid-bill-supercharge-mass-migration-middle-east

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Send these college Hamasholes to Gaza to resettle it.  They will make nice human shields.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

Yeah, I don't think this will go over well in his district.  Bowman has a primary challenger.