Author Topic: Mexican Diplomat’s Dishonest Claims About Illegal Alien Law-Breaking Do Not Stand Up to Scrutiny  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mexican Diplomat’s Dishonest Claims About Illegal Alien Law-Breaking Do Not Stand Up to Scrutiny
April 29, 2024

Mexican diplomats and politicians have a long history of lecturing Americans on illegal immigration, along with attempting to meddle in U.S. politics in ways that favor illegal aliens while undermining our border security and rule of law. The most recent example is Mexico’s consul in Oklahoma City protesting about an Oklahoma state law that aims to act against mass illegal migration at a time when the Biden administration refuses to do its job.

The statute in question is HB 4156, which passed the Oklahoma House of Representatives on April 18 by an overwhelming majority of 77 to 20. The state Senate passed it on April 23. Inspired by anti-illegal-immigration state legislation in Texas, “[t]he measure aims to crack down on illegal immigration in Oklahoma by creating the crime of impermissible occupation and requiring individuals to leave the state within 72 hours of their conviction or release from custody,” as explained by a press release issued by Oklahoma State Senator Casey Murdock. First-time offenders found guilty would be punished with a misdemeanor, a fine of up to $500, a year in jail, or both.

Predictably, the common-sense law has drawn criticism and attacks from pro-illegal-alien activists and lobbyists, and from Mexico’s consul in Oklahoma City, Edurne Pineda. Repeating standard open-borders euphemisms, Mrs. Pineda claimed that “ndocumented migrants” aka people “without papers” are “not criminals, and they do pay taxes. They work really hard” and “are here because they get employed, because your economy needs them.” She concluded that “criminalizing them is not going to solve anything, nor is it fair.”

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/04/29/mexican-diplomats-dishonest-claims-about-illegal-alien-law-breaking-do-not-stand
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson