Author Topic: Gov. Inslee’s Latest Wasteful EV Subsidy Is The Equivalent Of Paying $1,125 For A Latte  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gov. Inslee’s Latest Wasteful EV Subsidy Is The Equivalent Of Paying $1,125 For A Latte
by Todd Myers  4 hours ago 

washington state ev subsides

Governor Inslee wants to buy 8,767 people a $1,125 latte. Metaphorically, at least. [emphasis, links added]

Governor Inslee’s new program to subsidize the purchase of electric vehicles is so wasteful at reducing CO2 emissions, it is the equivalent of paying that absurd amount for a 16-ounce latte.

On Earth Day, Governor Inslee announced a $45 million program to subsidize the purchase or lease of electric vehicles.

The program is targeted at those making 300% of the federal poverty level or less, which amounts to $93,600 per year for a family of four.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/gov-inslees-latest-wasteful-ev-subsidy-is-the-equivalent-of-paying-1125-for-a-latte/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson