Author Topic: ABC's George Stephanopoulos says 2024 race can't be treated normally after Biden urges press to alte  (Read 136 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ABC's George Stephanopoulos says 2024 race can't be treated normally after Biden urges press to alter coverage
President Biden called on the press to 'rise up to the seriousness of the moment' on Saturday
 By Hanna Panreck Fox News
Published April 29, 2024 11:30am EDT

One day after President Biden implored the media to not treat the 2024 election like business as usual, ABC's George Stephanopoulos sternly told his audience on Sunday's "This Week" that this year was abnormal and a "test" for the media and the country.

In contrast with the show's usual style, Stephanopoulos began the program with remarks on former President Trump's legal troubles and how the 2024 election was testing the tenets of democracy. This followed Biden calling on members of the press to focus less on horse race politics and "rise up to the seriousness of the moment," in a sober conclusion to his speech at the White House correspondents' dinner on Saturday.

"Until now, no American president had ever faced a criminal trial," Stephanopoulos said. "No American president had ever faced a criminal indictment for retaining and concealing classified documents. No American president had ever faced a federal indictment or a state indictment for trying to overturn an election, or been named an unindicted co-conspirator in two other states for the same crime. No American president has faced hundreds of millions of dollars in fines for business fraud, defamation, and sexual abuse," Stephanopoulos began.

Stephanopoulos argued this election was not normal, and that it was easy for everyone to treat it as an ordinary race for the presidency when the "scale of the abnormality is so staggering."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/abcs-george-stephanopoulos-says-2024-race-treated-normally-after-biden-urges-press-alter-coverage

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I’ve seen similar type statements from the press regarding this election.

It’s clear that they plan to press their thumbs on the scale with more weight than elections past
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy