Author Topic: The new economic ideas Trump advisers are floating for second term — to campaign’s chagrin  (Read 174 times)

Offline corbe

The new economic ideas Trump advisers are floating for second term — to campaign’s chagrin

By Zachary Halaschak
April 29, 2024 4:07 pm

Trumpworld is flush with economic advisers pushing different policy proposals for a possible second term — to the annoyance of the Trump campaign.

Top GOP advisers and those likely to gain places in a second Trump administration are jockeying to advance various economic policy proposals, some of which result in disagreement among the cast of characters coming in and out of former President Donald Trump‘s residence at Mar-a-Lago.

Advisers see a second Trump term as a way to undo some of the economic changes made during the Biden administration and also enact policies that would represent a major sea change in U.S. economic and monetary policy on the global stage.

The posturing and public discussions of some of the ideas have angered top staff on the Trump campaign, which is trying to focus squarely on winning the coming election, according to a report from Bloomberg.

The Trump campaign has emphasized that none of the policy proposals discussed in the media are cannon unless they come from Trump or an authorized member of his campaign team.

Alex Conant, a GOP strategist and a partner at Firehouse Strategies, told the Washington Examiner that the campaign watching these policy debates among Trump’s inner circle play out publicly is likely an annoyance.

“As somebody who has worked on a lot of presidential campaigns, whenever the advisers start talking to the media instead of the campaign, it creates headaches,” he said. “You want everything that’s out there publicly to be what the campaign supports and advancing the candidate’s agenda.”

The dollar

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/finance-and-economy/2983644/economic-ideas-trump-advisers-floating-for-second-term/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

Observing this election, the phrase “insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” comes to mind

We know what to expect from each candidate running and it isn’t good
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy