Author Topic: Anti-Israel Columbia students defiant as 2 p.m. deadline passes to clear encampment  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"🚨BREAKING: Donald Trump reacts to the ongoing protests in New York as arrests are made at Columbia." (Audio/Video)

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1785491110728536418

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Bus full of professional agitators headed to jail." (Video)

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1785525372752167151

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYPD removes Palestinian flag from CCNY campus, reraises American flag after anti-Israel protest
At least 25 anti-Israel agitators were arrested Tuesday night during a protest at the City College of New York
Elizabeth Pritchett By Elizabeth Pritchett Fox News
Published May 1, 2024 4:18am EDT

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-removes-palestinian-flag-ccny-campus-reraises-american-flag-anti-israel-protest
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Inside Columbia’s ‘vandalized’ Hamilton Hall where pro-terror protesters came face-to-face with riot police
By Social Links for Richard Pollina
Published May 1, 2024, 8:02 a.m. ET

Columbia University’s iconic Hamilton Hall was left looking like a war zone after pro-terror activists smashed windows, set up barricades and destroyed furniture during their occupation of the building, causing an untold amount of damage.

The Ivy League school finally called on the NYPD to enter Hamilton Hall just after 9 p.m. Tuesday, with officers using a massive armored vehicle to push a bridge into a second-floor window to remove protestors that began occupying the space the previous night.

Images show that the occupiers had stacked chairs in doorways, staircases, and hallways — possibly as makeshift barriers to prevent police from reaching them.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/05/01/us-news/inside-hamilton-hall-where-pro-terror-protesters-came-face-to-face-with-riot-police/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Anti-Israel protesters celebrate victory in deal with Brown University

Brown University on Tuesday reached an agreement with anti-Israel protesters on its Ivy League campus to end the encampment there.

Demonstrators said they would close their encampment in exchange for administrators taking a vote to consider divestment from Israel in October. The compromise appeared to mark the first time a U.S. college has agreed to vote on divestment in the wake of the protests.

“The devastation and loss of life in the Middle East has prompted many to call for meaningful change, while also raising real issues about how best to accomplish this,” Brown President Christina H. Paxton wrote in a message to campus.

“Brown has always prided itself on resolving differences through dialog, debate and listening to each other. I cannot condone the encampment, which was in violation of University policies. Also, I have been concerned about the escalation in inflammatory rhetoric that we have seen recently, and the increase in tensions at campuses across the country. I appreciate the sincere efforts on the part of our students to take steps to prevent further escalation.”

Anti-Israel activists on campus celebrated news of the deal, which brought an end to the encampment.

Last November, Paxton was caught omitting references to Jewish students on campus in a speech after she was heckled by pro-Palestinian activists.

The Associated Press contributed to this update.
Posted by Chris Pandolfo
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1785407783677862093

Copied from another tweet.  "Every good revolutionary knows you have to pack snacks."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Brown University on Tuesday reached an agreement with anti-Israel protesters on its Ivy League campus to end the encampment there.

Demonstrators said they would close their encampment in exchange for administrators taking a vote to consider divestment from Israel in October. The compromise appeared to mark the first time a U.S. college has agreed to vote on divestment in the wake of the protests.

“The devastation and loss of life in the Middle East has prompted many to call for meaningful change, while also raising real issues about how best to accomplish this,” Brown President Christina H. Paxton wrote in a message to campus.

“Brown has always prided itself on resolving differences through dialog, debate and listening to each other. I cannot condone the encampment, which was in violation of University policies. Also, I have been concerned about the escalation in inflammatory rhetoric that we have seen recently, and the increase in tensions at campuses across the country. I appreciate the sincere efforts on the part of our students to take steps to prevent further escalation.”

Anti-Israel activists on campus celebrated news of the deal, which brought an end to the encampment.

Last November, Paxton was caught omitting references to Jewish students on campus in a speech after she was heckled by pro-Palestinian activists.

Posted by Chris Pandolfo

No surprise there.

Online libertybele

Posted by Chris Pandolfo

With universities and other entities willing to pick sides and hand a victory over to mob rule demands, the country will continue to be divided.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
hope they lose their entire endownent portfolio. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Such a bunch of petulant children. This is the "participation trophy" generation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

May 1, 2024
JUST IN: Majority of arrests at Columbia University's Gaza Camp were not students
"We believe that the group that broke into and occupied the building is led by individuals who are not affiliated with the University."
The Post Millennial
On Tuesday night, Columbia University released a statement after calling the New York Police Department to arrest pro-Hamas activists who “occupied, vandalized and blockaded” one of the buildings on campus, which revealed that "the group that broke into and occupied the building is led by individuals who are not affiliated with the University." Over 100 people were arrested at Columbia. ...

It was previously revealed that the activists who are part of the almost 2-week occupation of the campus were being led by outside agitators who are not students. According to the statement, “We believe that the group that broke into and occupied the building is led by individuals who are not affiliated with the University.”  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
They should be spraying all these little terrorists with a nice strong indelible dye, maybe bloodred(seems appropriate) so that they can be recognized for their antisemitism wherever they go.

Offline berdie

May 1, 2024
JUST IN: Majority of arrests at Columbia University's Gaza Camp were not students
"We believe that the group that broke into and occupied the building is led by individuals who are not affiliated with the University."
The Post Millennial

That's too bad, so sad. Incarcerate them. The students who are US citizens should spend some time in the hoose-gow as well. The students that aren't citizens should be deported. The universities should change their policies and make them "No Protest Zones". There is an absolute right to protest...but not on school grounds where many different people pay to attend.

From a parent's stand point, I would talk to my child and make sure that they understand what they are actually protesting. If they do and persist, that's fine. I will no longer subsidize you. If you choose to do this it will be on your dime not mine. I am paying for you to get an education and you evidently aren't.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Anti-Israel university protests live updates: Fordham notifies protesting students that they’re suspended, banned from campus
By Social Links for Kaydi Pelletier ,
Social Links for Elizabeth Karpen and
Social Links for David Spector
Updated May 1, 2024, 4:28 p.m. ET

A “Gaza solidarity encampment” popped up at Fordham University on Wednesday, just hours after tent cities at two other NYC universities were destroyed by police.

Two prison buses have arrived at the encampment, and the school notified protesters late Wednesday afternoon that they’re suspended and banned from campus.

The night before, hundreds of anti-Israel demonstrators were arrested at Columbia and the City College of New York campuses in a “massive” NYPD operation.

A total of 282 people were arrested: 109 people at the Ivy League campus after cops busted the mob that took over the university’s Hamilton Hall, and 173 at the “intifada” encampment at City College.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/05/01/us-news/anti-israel-university-protests-live-updates-latest-news-from-columbia-more-colleges/
Support the USO

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

That's too bad, so sad. Incarcerate them. The students who are US citizens should spend some time in the hoose-gow as well. The students that aren't citizens should be deported. The universities should change their policies and make them "No Protest Zones". There is an absolute right to protest...but not on school grounds where many different people pay to attend.

From a parent's stand point, I would talk to my child and make sure that they understand what they are actually protesting. If they do and persist, that's fine. I will no longer subsidize you. If you choose to do this it will be on your dime not mine. I am paying for you to get an education and you evidently aren't.
Incarcerate? How many of them proclaimed themselves to be terrorist? Revoke whatever visas or green cards and send them back to whatever shithole they came here from, I suggest Gaza since they are so enamored of Hamas who by the way is in need of cannon fodder. For any that proclaim themselves members of Hamas or any other terrorist organization, if American citizens I think there should be a penalty of citizenship revoked and free trip to the home of their chosen terrorists.

Online libertybele

Incarcerate? How many of them proclaimed themselves to be terrorist? Revoke whatever visas or green cards and send them back to whatever shithole they came here from, I suggest Gaza since they are so enamored of Hamas who by the way is in need of cannon fodder. For any that proclaim themselves members of Hamas or any other terrorist organization, if American citizens I think there should be a penalty of citizenship revoked and free trip to the home of their chosen terrorists.

If they don't want to go back to the rock from under which they crawled here from, ship them off to Gitmo.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

I really don't understand this.

Every time I tore down a bar - Every time - It ended with me getting the crap beat outta me by the cops, and a cop knee on my neck, not to mention cooling my jets down at the county jail for the weekend - And that, never being convicted - Not once. It was always self-defense.

And just desserts for the riotous behavior. I always figured I had it coming. Never thought poorly of the cops for their insistence. It's how these things go.

You start tearing shit down, the cops come and beat your ass. When order has been restored, THEN they try to figure out how it happened. Till then, ALL SIDES get a whoopin.

How is this any different?

Offline berdie

Every time I tore down a bar - Every time - It ended with me getting the crap beat outta me by the cops, and a cop knee on my neck, not to mention cooling my jets down at the county jail for the weekend - And that, never being convicted - Not once. It was always self-defense.

And just desserts for the riotous behavior. I always figured I had it coming. Never thought poorly of the cops for their insistence. It's how these things go.

You start tearing shit down, the cops come and beat your ass. When order has been restored, THEN they try to figure out how it happened. Till then, ALL SIDES get a whoopin.

It's no different. And it's beginning to really tick me off. 9999hair out0000

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

LOL!  I knew it!!  I knew you must have been kicked in the head one too many times.   :tongue2: happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

LOL!  I knew it!!  I knew you must have been kicked in the head one too many times.   :tongue2: happy77

That was the backhoe... Got a 12" crease in my skull from catching a backhoe bucket full of rocks at full swing... My ballcap always tips to that side. Knocked me right out of my boots.

Online libertybele

https://twitter.com/kylenabecker/status/1785338988422693108

As expected.   9999hair out0000

What kind of message is now being sent to these radical punks??  Violence and mob rule are ok!!

God help us!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 10:10:02 pm by libertybele »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That was the backhoe... Got a 12" crease in my skull from catching a backhoe bucket full of rocks at full swing... My ballcap always tips to that side. Knocked me right out of my boots.

happy77   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald