Author Topic: Trump has problems that are out of his control in five swing states  (Read 853 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump has problems that are out of his control in five swing states
By
Annabella Rosciglione
April 29, 2024 12:34 pm

Five key swing states have investigations and criminal charges related to former President Donald Trump’s fake elector scheme and the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

While he is not named in some, the charges are entirely out of Trump’s control, which may hurt him come November if any of these cases result in conviction. In a race between President Joe Biden and Trump that is expected to be close once again, 12% of Trump supporters said they would reconsider voting for the former president if he is convicted in any of his four criminal cases.

In December 2020, groups of fake electors met in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin and signed false documents that indicated Trump won the election in their states. Cases in many swing states hinge on these instances.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/2983002/trump-problems-five-swing-states-out-of-his-control/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: Trump has problems that are out of his control in five swing states
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 10:19:22 pm »
I'd have thought better of The Washington Examiner than to adopt the left's language of "fake electors". 

Hawaii in the 1960 election provided a precedent for having an alternate slate of electors if the outcome of a state was in doubt.  No one held the Nixon slate of Hawaii electors was "fake" or had violated any laws.  So long as there were live legal challenges (too bad Trump's people idiotically pressed claims of ordinary election fraud, rather than the elections not being held as prescribed by the state legislatures as Constitutionally required as the basis for those challenges, but challenges there were), having an alternate slate of electors was an appropriate action, and serving on one did not constitute fraud.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 11:06:46 pm »
I'd have thought better of The Washington Examiner than to adopt the left's language of "fake electors". 

Hawaii in the 1960 election provided a precedent for having an alternate slate of electors if the outcome of a state was in doubt.  No one held the Nixon slate of Hawaii electors was "fake" or had violated any laws.  So long as there were live legal challenges (too bad Trump's people idiotically pressed claims of ordinary election fraud, rather than the elections not being held as prescribed by the state legislatures as Constitutionally required as the basis for those challenges, but challenges there were), having an alternate slate of electors was an appropriate action, and serving on one did not constitute fraud.

Were those electors approved by the legislature en-toto? No.
That is where the authority of electors resides.

Online banddag

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 11:24:25 pm »
Neither Trump or Biden will be nominated. Majority of the country want neither.  New, fresh candidates will be selected at each convention.

Democrats will pick a moderate governor from a red state such as Beshear or Laura Kelly from Kansas who will run as Bill Clinton 2 .0 and be strong on crime and the border . Democrats elites know they cannot pick a far lefty. The country is swinging back to the middle

Not sure about the Republicans. ..but very likely a moderate woman to win back the women's vote  either a governor or a strong AG from a red state. Trump/Republican party  is hemorrhaging the women vote and he cannot win without their support.

The country is in the middle politically and most people do not want either the far left or the far right  in power. And are tired of geriatric retreads.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 11:29:05 pm by banddag »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 11:30:56 pm »
Neither Trump or Biden will be nominated. Majority of the country want neither.  New, fresh candidates will be selected at each convention.

Actually, our new TBR troll, that is only possible if 2 things happen.  The CIA kills Trump and Joe Dies in a slip and fall and he can't get up.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 11:39:24 pm »

Are you willing to put money on that?  A donation to a charity of the winners choice?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online banddag

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 12:09:21 am »
Are you willing to put money on that?  A donation to a charity of the winners choice?

Just my opinion.  In a latest poll only 25% of democrats want Biden to be the nominee. Biden will step down at the last minute. It is probably already  in planning.

Not sure if the democrat or republican convention is first but of biden steps down and a moderate women democrat is nominated Trump will not know what hit him.

Online banddag

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2024, 12:12:23 am »
Actually, our new TBR troll, that is only possible if 2 things happen.  The CIA kills Trump and Joe Dies in a slip and fall and he can't get up.

So I put forward a reasonable opinion I get attacked as being a troll.  No wonder the general moderate population has the image of the far right as being nasty people.
Instead of attacking, put forth your opinion why mine is wrong.

Online banddag

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2024, 12:16:54 am »
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-female-women-voters-poll-presidential-election-2024-1892087

Polls show that the proportion of women who plan to vote for Trump in November is less than the proportion who voted for him in the 2020 election.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 12:18:07 am by banddag »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2024, 10:38:59 am »

Just my opinion.  In a latest poll only 25% of democrats want Biden to be the nominee. Biden will step down at the last minute. It is probably already  in planning.

Not sure if the democrat or republican convention is first but of biden steps down and a moderate women democrat is nominated Trump will not know what hit him.

We will see who is right but I’m pretty confident that it will be Biden and Trump in November

Both Truman and Johnson did not seek the second term and a Republican was elected president. And the DNC is probably aware of this history
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2024, 10:44:40 am »
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-female-women-voters-poll-presidential-election-2024-1892087

Polls show that the proportion of women who plan to vote for Trump in November is less than the proportion who voted for him in the 2020 election.

This election is reminding me a lot of the 2004 election. The polls, like today, were all over the place at this time in 2004, but  Kerry had the lead. Come  November, he lost

I do believe that Biden will win but it’s gonna be close.

Barry Goldwater

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2024, 11:02:52 am »
Trump has problems in swing states, but Biden's problems in these states are far worse. The Green New Deal has been a disaster for Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Inflation, high interest rates, unaffordable housing and especially illegal immigration are killing Nevada and Arizona. There is a general discontent I have not seen in this country since the Carter years.

Since we are speculating wildly on this thread, here is a "what if" for you. What if Trump and DeSantis met this week and made a deal that if Trump is convicted in NYC then RDS gets the nomination in exchange for pardoning Trump?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2024, 02:19:07 pm »

Democrats will pick a moderate governor from a red state such as Beshear or Laura Kelly from Kansas who will run as Bill Clinton 2 .0 and be strong on crime and the border . Democrats elites know they cannot pick a far lefty. The country is swinging back to the middle

Not sure about the Republicans. ..but very likely a moderate woman to win back the women's vote  either a governor or a strong AG from a red state. Trump/Republican party  is hemorrhaging the women vote and he cannot win without their support.

The country is in the middle politically and most people do not want either the far left or the far right  in power. And are tired of geriatric retreads.

Except the actual primary voters elected a majority of delegates who are committed to those two candidates, and under the rules of both parties, the delegates are legally obligated to vote for those candidates on the first ballot.

Also, a majority of Democrats are not aligned with either Beshear or Kelly - that's why they are in otherwise conservative states.  Either of them would have been crushed by Biden in the primary.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 02:33:45 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2024, 02:30:11 pm »
This election is reminding me a lot of the 2004 election. The polls, like today, were all over the place at this time in 2004, but  Kerry had the lead. Come  November, he lost

I do believe that Biden will win but it’s gonna be close.

I think the dims will want to time the convictions as October surprises, and flood the airwaves 24/7 that the U.S. has never had a convicted felon as POTUS. 

Now think how clueless the middle dumbest 10% of our electorate is.  Based on that, and repeat irregularity chicanery, I think this is why Biden will still win, and why Vegas still has Pedo Joe up 42.6 to 41.2 on Trump.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2024, 02:33:40 pm »
I think the dims will want to time the convictions as October surprises, and flood the airwaves 24/7 that the U.S. has never had a convicted felon as POTUS. 

Now think how clueless the middle dumbest 10% of our electorate is.  Based on that, and repeat irregularity chicanery, I think this is why Biden will still win, and why Vegas still has Pedo Joe up 42.6 to 41.2 on Trump.

That would probably be their best strategy

Biden can’t run on the economy, inflation, or a secure border

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2024, 02:34:33 pm »
I honestly have no idea who is going to win - could make a good case either way.

Online banddag

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2024, 02:35:06 pm »
Except the actual primary voters elected a majority of delegates who are committed to those two candidates, and under the rules of both parties, the delegates are legally obligated to vote for those candidates on the first ballot.

Unless Biden steps down. Which I believe what is planned.  As I said above only 25% of democrats want Biden.  The democrats are going to pull a switcheroo at the last minute and Trump will not know what hit him.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2024, 03:01:23 pm »
Were those electors approved by the legislature en-toto? No.
That is where the authority of electors resides.
If you don't have a slate of alternate electors, there is no one to approve in the event they are needed. They were not fake, but alternates, like an understudy ballerina isn't fake, just ready to step in if the star of the show can't show.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2024, 06:31:34 pm »
If you don't have a slate of alternate electors, there is no one to approve in the event they are needed. They were not fake, but alternates, like an understudy ballerina isn't fake, just ready to step in if the star of the show can't show.

Still the same thing - Acting outside of their authority, or rather, without authority.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2024, 07:05:54 pm »
Unless Biden steps down. Which I believe what is planned.  As I said above only 25% of democrats want Biden. 

Is your belief that is planned supported by anything other than raw conjecture?

The closer it gets to the convention, the less that conjecture appears reasonable.  The only reason Biden was the nominee in 2020 was because he was the least objectionable nominee -- the one that all the various factions in the DNC could at least tolerate.  And by default, that means that anyone else who would get the nomination inevitably would piss off powerful groups within the DNC.  Skip over Kamala Harris, and you've pissed off the DNC's most active and loyal demographic block - black women.  Nominate a moderate like Bashear, and you'll piss off the entire progressive wing of the party.  Nominate someone like AOC, and you'll alienate swing voters.  Biden is the nominee because while some of the alternatives generate more positive enthusiasm, they'd also generate more negatives.  And as time grows shorter, you're losing the opportunity to lay the public groundwork to make such a change.

That's leaving aside the issue of Biden first having to surrender the nomination voluntarily before anyone else can be nominated, and there is zero indication he's going to do that.

The democrats are going to pull a switcheroo at the last minute and Trump will not know what hit him.

But you already said this:

Which means that under your theory, somebody other than Trump will be selected at the GOP convention, which comes before the DNC.  So Trump wouldn't be the nominee when the Democrats allegedly spring that surprise.

So if "Trump won't know what hit him", it's probably because he'd be sitting by the pool at Mar-i-Lago sipping Mai-Tai's.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:16:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2024, 02:27:25 am »
Trump has problems in swing states, but Biden's problems in these states are far worse. The Green New Deal has been a disaster for Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Inflation, high interest rates, unaffordable housing and especially illegal immigration are killing Nevada and Arizona. There is a general discontent I have not seen in this country since the Carter years.

Online banddag

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2024, 04:14:17 pm »
Is your belief that is planned supported by anything other than raw conjecture?

Yes, just my personal opinion. I have been watching Biden the last few months. Guy cannot even walk 10 steps.  His decline is growing exponentially if you even compare him to a 3-4 months ago.
The democrats hate him-Gaza, inflation, old age.

There will be a switcheroo at the DNC convention.

I am not certain Trump will get the nomination.  His age is also creeping up on him..  People are tired of the chaos everywhere he goes. When his actual crimes come out for everyone to see he will be toast.  DeSantis and Haley are in the wings.
If Trump is still the nominee and the dems pull a switcheroo with someone like Beshear-young, goodlooking, charisma, very smart, Trump will not know what hit him as I said above.
If say Beshear is poling so far above Trump, I could see the elites make Trump an offer he cannot refuse.

Do not  think thing for a instant the RNC , the donor elites and the people who make things happen do  not have a plan B in the works.

Actually they may have a Plan A in the works that does not include Trump.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2024, 04:21:26 pm »
Yes, just my personal opinion. I have been watching Biden the last few months. Guy cannot even walk 10 steps.  His decline is growing exponentially if you even compare him to a 3-4 months ago.
The democrats hate him-Gaza, inflation, old age.

There will be a switcheroo at the DNC convention.

If Trump is still the nominee and the dems pull a switcheroo with someone like Beshear-young, goodlooking, charisma, very smart, Trump will not know what hit him as I said above.
If say Beshear is poling so far above Trump, I could see the elites make Trump an offer he cannot refuse.

Do not  think thing for a instant the RNC , the donor elites and the people who make things happen do  not have a plan B in the works.

Actually they may have a Plan A in the works that does not include Trump.

The biggest problem is that the convention rules are already set, and the delegates already picked.  Biden has to step down voluntarily, or it isn't happening.

The second biggest problem is all the Democratic interest groups that are going to feel disenfranchised if a substitute candidate is picked without voter input.  There is literally nobody they could pick that wouldn't piss off a chunk of their key constituencies.

I am not certain Trump will get the nomination.  His age is also creeping up on him..  People are tired of the chaos everywhere he goes. When his actual crimes come out for everyone to see he will be toast.  DeSantis and Haley are in the wings.

Again, the delegates are already selected, and the rules governing the election of the nominee is already set. On top of that, Trump's people have control of the relevant committees. It would be impossible to replace him without Trump's own consent, which he will never give.

And even if by some miracle they managed to replace him without his consent, He has a core of support that would be so furious. They'd boycott the election and guarantee a Republican defeat.

I also thought last year that Biden and Trump would not be the nominees, and counted on something happening in the interim to make that happen. But that something never happened, and here we are 3 months before the conventions with both of them having locked up enough delegates to win on the first ballot.

It's over.  Inertia won, which it has a habit of doing.