Author Topic: Chicago’s Longtime Undocumented Immigrants Push Feds For Work Permits: ‘Why Not Us?’  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago’s Longtime Undocumented Immigrants Push Feds For Work Permits: ‘Why Not Us?’

As new arrivals receive federal work authorization, many undocumented immigrants are stepping out of the shadows and demanding work permits after waiting for decades.

Max Herman/Borderless Magazine
Outside Arturo Velazquez Institute, demonstrators rallied to voice their support of work permits for all on March 9, 2024.
By Jacqueline CardenasApril 29, 2024Labor, Organizing, Top Stories, Trending
Estela Gamino watched over her children as they bounced around their gray couches inside their apartment on Chicago’s North Side.

“He just joined sports. My other daughter, she stays for…band,” Gamino said, not long after picking them up from after-school programs.

Gamino remembers not being able to participate in these programs as a child. Her mother was always working while navigating life in the United States.

“Since I had kids, I always thought: “Well, I’m gonna try to be really involved,” the 33-year-old said.

https://borderlessmag.org/2024/04/29/chicago-migrant-crisis-work-permits-for-all-undocumented-immigrants-work-permits-for-all/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

New "assylum seekers" are more equal than established illegal immigrants.  Bienvenido a America.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.