Author Topic: All eyes on Greene threat to oust Speaker Johnson  (Read 125 times)

Offline corbe

All eyes on Greene threat to oust Speaker Johnson
« on: April 29, 2024, 03:30:49 pm »
All eyes on Greene threat to oust Speaker Johnson

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL AND MIKE LILLIS - 04/29/24 6:00 AM ET

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) returns to Washington this week celebrating several recent policy victories but also facing a renewed threat to his gavel from a small but unpredictable group of conservative rebels infuriated by his leadership style.

Johnson received widespread praise from leaders in both parties this month after muscling two high-profile proposals through the House: an increase in aid for Ukraine and an extension of Washington’s warrantless spying powers. But his decision to champion those controversial policies — and to forge deals with President Biden and the Democrats to get them done — has sparked a new backlash from a handful of hard-liners vowing to topple him from power.

Leading the charge is Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), who introduced a motion-to-vacate resolution last month, after Johnson endorsed legislation to fund the government, and is now escalating her threat to force it to the floor. Two other conservatives, Reps. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) and Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), have endorsed her effort.

With no pressing must-pass legislation on the immediate schedule, that internal battle is set to take center stage on Capitol Hill — a bitter Republican-on-Republican fight coming at an inopportune time for GOP leaders, who are looking to unite the party ahead of the November elections.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4624944-marjorie-taylor-greene-mike-johnson-motion-to-vacate/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: All eyes on Greene threat to oust Speaker Johnson
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 04:29:49 pm »
 ////00000////

MTG ... the MAGA Yosemite Sam of the House GOP Caucus

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.