Author Topic: Middle-Class Doesn't Care What Krugman's Inflation Charts Say  (Read 593 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Middle-Class Doesn't Care What Krugman's Inflation Charts Say
Christopher Jacobs

When covering the political persistence of “Bidenflation,” I’ve noted that economists keep wondering why opinion polls continue to show the American people are sour on an economy that continues to create jobs. Ultimately, the question in many ways comes down to one’s economic perspective and the fact that the so-called “experts” live far different lives than the people surveyed by most opinion polls.

A column earlier this year by perhaps the paragon of liberal economic opinion shows the not-so-subtle snobbery behind the failure to take families’ inflation concerns seriously. It also explains why Americans’ economic insecurities could result in a political bloodbath for the left come November.

New York Times Elitism

In late February, The New York Times’ Paul Krugman dedicated a newsletter commentary to grocery prices. Citing Bureau of Labor Statistics data, he claimed that “prices of groceries for home consumption rose 19.6 percent between January 2021 and January 2023, then another 1.2 percent over the following year. Yes, grocery prices are up a lot, but not nearly as much as some people claim, and the big surge is behind us.”

In a typically flippant manner, Krugman then went on to inveigh against “the vehemence — and sheer silliness — of the grocery truthers,” analyzing the cost of goods at Walmart versus official Bureau of Labor Statistics data. His results, in graphical form:

more
https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/29/middle-class-americans-dont-care-what-paul-krugmans-charts-say-about-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Middle-Class Doesn't Care What Krugman's Inflation Charts Say
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 02:15:48 pm »
Charts don't pay for groceries, rent, utilities, and taxes.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 02:27:49 pm »
Charts don't pay for groceries, rent, utilities, and taxes.

Charts don't but Maybe Venn diagrams will?  Kami likes Venn Diagrams.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 07:54:21 pm »
UTTER LIES FROM THESE PUKES!!!!!!!!!!

Without doubt, the cost for groceries in our house is up over 100%!

YES, UP OVER 100% since Wrecking Ball Joe has been POTUS

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 07:56:17 pm »
And if you take into consideration Bidenshrinkage in packaging, one could say grocery cost is

UP 200% +++

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 07:59:13 pm »
And NOT just groceries!

Mortgage rate low with Trump :    1.8%  [that I am aware of]

Biden mortgage rates:      UP ALMOST 400%

Anyone that votes for Biden lacks a brain!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 08:32:56 pm »
Charts don't but Maybe Venn diagrams will?  Kami likes Venn Diagrams.

Only because Venn diagrams tend to look like her when she's lying down.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2024, 08:52:53 pm »
UTTER LIES FROM THESE PUKES!!!!!!!!!!

Without doubt, the cost for groceries in our house is up over 100%!

YES, UP OVER 100% since Wrecking Ball Joe has been POTUS

I just went grocery shopping -- groceries since just last month cost me another $110-$120. 

We all know that groceries, utilities, insurance, taxes, and cost of gas have risen drastically under Biden.  When you go to the store and can no longer afford the meat or the produce that you could afford 6 months ago -- it's darn noticeable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 08:53:42 pm »
And NOT just groceries!

Mortgage rate low with Trump :    1.8%  [that I am aware of]

Biden mortgage rates:      UP ALMOST 400%

Anyone that votes for Biden lacks a brain!

Amen!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2024, 10:18:42 pm »
Why Krugman has any credibility anymore is beyond me
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 10:23:40 pm »

I've always said, if he's making pronouncements about business siting decisions (work on which was the basis for his Nobel prize in economics), you should pay attention to what Paul Krugman is saying and probably believe it. 

It he's talking or writing about anything else, the only reason to listen to him is so you can believe the opposite of what he's saying thereby improving your chances of being right.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2024, 10:55:24 pm »

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2024, 04:24:22 pm »
libertybele,

It is disgusting, and believe, the lower the household income, the more difficult it is to afford the things we customarily buy for our households.  I am sure, the middle class white women who voted for Wrecking Ball Joe are kicking themselves, but watch what they do.

I anticipate a huge migration to Trump or RFK Jr, away from Biden.  Let's face it, you have to be a mental moron to vote for Biden again.  I lived through the painful years of Carter, and we are on the precipice of falling into a deep ravine if Biden gets a 2nd term.  Rest assured, it will be a repeat of the worst moments of Carter if Biden gets a 2nd term.  I see interest rates shooting up to 15%+.  Taxes goin up, and worse if the Democommies win both houses of Congress.  And I believe that can most certainly happen, particularly with the fixing of ones and zeroes.