Author Topic: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising  (Read 6590 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2024, 02:13:27 am »
Last I looked RDS couldn't even hang on past Iowa.

I find this psychologically fascinating.  At a time where Trump needs DeSantis support, both from his supporters and his donors, and with Trump even offering an olive branch to rebuild that relationship, you are still trashing DeSantis as if you get some sort of sadistic joy out of it.  So don't be surprised when DeSantis supporters decide to check another box in November. 

One catches more flies with honey than with vinegar.  But you're not into catching flies at all.  Your joy comes from spraying vinegar.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2024, 02:15:17 am »
   If Trump is good enough for Meatball DeSanctimonious he's good enough for me  /s

I see what you did there.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2024, 02:17:35 am »
RDS might forgive, but I bet over half of RDS supporters won't.

It's hard to forgive when Trump zealots keep doing the same thing that pissed them off to begin with.  At a time when the GOP needs unity, Trump supporters continue to bash DeSantis.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2024, 02:23:44 am »
Forgiving can only come after acknowledgement of the wrong done.

Trump isn't capable of acknowledge what he's done wrong - ever. Anything goes, the ends justify the means with him along with a good number of his supporters.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2024, 02:30:39 am »
It's hard to forgive when Trump zealots keep doing the same thing that pissed them off to begin with.  At a time when the GOP needs unity, Trump supporters continue to bash DeSantis.

Once again you show us how shallow you are...your need for revenge and the last word, to the point you will put the country in harm's way because of a half-dozen posters who love Pres. Trump over anyone else.

Grow up!  We don't need, nor want your forgiveness.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2024, 02:34:04 am »
Once again you show us how shallow you are...your need for revenge and the last word, to the point you will put the country in harm's way because of a half-dozen posters who love Pres. Trump over anyone else.

lol.  Right on cue.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2024, 02:38:50 am »

Trump did serious harm to the country. I'm not voting for more of the same.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2024, 02:50:38 am »

Who the hell bashed DeSantis? 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2024, 02:56:37 am »
I don't really think "forgiveness" has anything to do with it.

This is who Trump is - someone who will try to destroy anyone, no matter how virtuous or good for the country - who isn't an obsequious toady.  If he wins, he'll keep doing it after the election to any Republican who doesn't 100% support him no matter what he says or does.  Almost inevitably, he'd leave the party in much worse shape than if/when he takes office.

Expressing regrets - which he would never do and would never mean anyway - is worthless.  He's just a guy to whom principles mean nothing, and everything is just about him and his ego.  I despise him as much as I despise Biden.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 02:58:21 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2024, 03:27:47 am »
You're living in a fantasy bubble @Hoodat  ----- and you're starting to believe the outcome of the primary somehow proves RDS had more support than Donald Trump.  Correcting this group think with the actual outcome is not "bashing" Ron DeSantis ---- it's bashing a disturbing level of near insanity.

RDS lost.  He knows he lost.  His donors know he lost. ---- Believe it, embrace it and move on.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2024, 03:33:02 am »
You're living in a fantasy bubble @Hoodat  ----- and you're starting to believe the outcome of the primary somehow proves RDS had more support than Donald Trump.

Uh, no.  There is nothing I have posted that even remotely suggests this.  You made it up.  It is solely your invention.

Correcting this group think with the actual outcome is not "bashing" Ron DeSantis ---- it's bashing a disturbing level of near insanity.

RDS lost.  He knows he lost.  His donors know he lost. ---- Believe it, embrace it and move on.

Hysterical.  DeSantis supporters moved on long ago.  It's you that still feels compelled to continue taking pot shots at him long after he's exited the race.  Maybe you are the one who should move on.  Ever consider that?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2024, 03:35:06 am »
You're living in a fantasy bubble @Hoodat  ----- and you're starting to believe the outcome of the primary somehow proves RDS had more support than Donald Trump.  Correcting this group think with the actual outcome is not "bashing" Ron DeSantis ---- it's bashing a disturbing level of near insanity.

@Right_in_Virginia

Wear the guilt he's throwing around.  /s

It's because of you and me that he stares at this bedroom ceiling...unable to bring himself to vote for Pres. Trump.   :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2024, 03:44:10 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Wear the guilt he's throwing around.  /s

It's because of you and me that he stares at this bedroom ceiling...unable to bring himself to vote for Pres. Trump.   :silly:

@DCPatriot.   I've never witnessed emotional slop like this.  Do you think it's all that soy milk?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2024, 03:47:32 am »
@DCPatriot.   I've never witnessed emotional slop like this.  Do you think it's all that soy milk?

@Right_in_Virginia

Geez...I'm ready to start asking for preferred pronouns...   happy77

Online DB

« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2024, 03:52:05 am »
That's some clever shit there, guys...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2024, 04:06:10 am »
you're starting to believe the outcome of the primary somehow proves RDS had more support than Donald Trump.

This coming from the same people who believe the outcome of the 2020 election somehow proves that Donald Trump had more support than Joe Biden.

Your inner Democrat is showing again.  Falsely accusing others of doing the exact thing you do.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2024, 02:54:51 pm »
I don't really think "forgiveness" has anything to do with it.

This is who Trump is - someone who will try to destroy anyone, no matter how virtuous or good for the country - who isn't an obsequious toady.  If he wins, he'll keep doing it after the election to any Republican who doesn't 100% support him no matter what he says or does.  Almost inevitably, he'd leave the party in much worse shape than if/when he takes office.

Expressing regrets - which he would never do and would never mean anyway - is worthless.  He's just a guy to whom principles mean nothing, and everything is just about him and his ego.  I despise him as much as I despise Biden.

Truth

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2024, 12:20:38 am »
"@GovRonDeSantis says the right things here and it is good 👍 Hopefully his online brigade will rise up and unite behind President Trump
#Trump2024  Well said @RonDeSantis" (Video)

https://twitter.com/miguelifornia/status/1786539056991736232

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2024, 12:45:38 am »
Who the hell bashed DeSantis?

STHU...  your ilk used same damned tactics after the sliming of Cruz in '16.   Go stick your selective memory where it doesn't shine.

And the fact that one in five in the GOP are going out of their way not to vote for him in the primaries.  Many on the right are saying enough is enough concerning  the orange menace. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 12:49:43 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2024, 12:47:07 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Geez...I'm ready to start asking for preferred pronouns...   happy77

Of hard core conservatives?  Silly f'er
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2024, 01:13:15 am »
STHU...  your ilk used same damned tactics after the sliming of Cruz in '16.   Go stick your selective memory where it doesn't shine.

And the fact that one in five in the GOP are going out of their way not to vote for him in the primaries.  Many on the right are saying enough is enough concerning  the orange menace.

Get a grip on yourself.  RDS has. You might want to follow his lead. @catfish1957

"@GovRonDeSantis says the right things here and it is good 👍 Hopefully his online brigade will rise up and unite behind President Trump
#Trump2024  Well said @RonDeSantis" (Video)

https://twitter.com/miguelifornia/status/1786539056991736232

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 01:20:15 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2024, 01:16:50 am »
Of hard core conservatives?  Silly f'er

Yeah!  You guyz are frantic.

Painfully obvious that you've been in a uncontrollable rage lately...probably because your Astros suck so badly.   :tongue2:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2024, 01:18:34 am »
Get a grip on yourself.  RDS has. You might want to follow his lead.

Nope. DeSantis is a political animal. He HAS TO deal with Tumpy. I do not.
No sale.
There ain't anyone anywhere that I am following, and most certainly not into Tumpy's footsteps.