Author Topic: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising  (Read 6588 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising
« on: April 29, 2024, 12:37:39 pm »
Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising

Paul Bois 28 Apr 2024

Former President Donald Trump and Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis reportedly met in Miami on Sunday where they settled their political differences and discussed fundraising.

The former president and the Florida governor crossed swords this past primary when the two were competing for the coveted GOP presidential nomination, leading to some strain between the two campaigns’ supporters. Even though DeSantis ultimately dropped from the race and endorsed Trump, this marks the first time the two politicians have officially met to bridge the divide. The Hill reported:

The hours-long meeting, brokered by political allies hoping to chill what was once a red-hot rivalry, resulted in DeSantis agreeing to help the former president.

DeSantis’s network of donors and influence among notable conservatives wary of Trump could prove a major boon to the presumptive nominee’s campaign. Trump has consistently fallen behind President Biden in fundraising as the 2024 election nears.

The men had reportedly not spoken since DeSantis dropped out of the GOP presidential race in January. DeSantis failed to capitalize on high expectations for his first national campaign, leaving the race after the Iowa caucuses. He endorsed Trump, who went on to defeat former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley in the primary.

Upon dropping from the race, DeSantis said that while he and the former president have their disagreements, he believed Trump would be better suited to lead the nation than Joe Biden.

“It’s clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance,” DeSantis said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/28/report-trump-desantis-meet-miami-talk-fundraising/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 02:00:19 pm »
No comment.

888mouth
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 02:14:25 pm »
... they all go back, slithering and cowering, to Trump, their false Tangerine prophet.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 04:19:03 pm »
If Trump were wise he would have helped DeSantis into the oval office as much as possible. He was the one man who would have pardoned him. I'm not implying that Trump is guilty, but I just don't see how he's going to fare all the charges against him and it doesn't look like the SCOTUS is going to grant him full immunity.

Trump and DeSantis meet privately in Florida

Former president Donald Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis met privately Sunday morning in Miami, according to people familiar with the matter, breaking a years-long chill between the presumptive Republican nominee and his onetime chief primary rival.

Allies brokered the meeting in hopes of a potential détente between the two men, and Trump’s advisers hope DeSantis will tap his donor network to help raise significant sums of money for the general election, the people familiar with the matter said. Like others interviewed for this story, the people spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private deliberations.

The pair met for several hours and DeSantis agreed to help Trump. The meeting was friendly, according to a person with direct knowledge.

Trump and allied groups have lagged behind President Biden and his allies in the money chase. DeSantis has built a wide network of wealthy patrons whose assistance would be valuable in helping Trump try to close the gap, and is popular with some Republican voters who are exhausted by Trump.

There is an incentive for DeSantis to form a closer relationship, as well. People close to DeSantis have said it is untenable for him to continue to have a strained relationship with Trump, particularly as he eyes his political future. He is widely viewed among Republican donors and consultants as weakened after a shellacking by Trump in the primary.................

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/28/trump-desantis-meeting/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:20:29 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 04:41:25 pm »
Oh no.  Please don’t be the VP.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 05:15:15 pm »
Not gonna happen, they would lose Florida's electoral college votes. I see this as simple politics with DeSantis positioning himself favorably with Trump voters for his next run. personally I think it's a wasted move because Trump is like the snake in this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULx9k2QkL94

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 06:02:13 pm »

Not a chance.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2024, 06:09:24 pm »
Not gonna happen, they would lose Florida's electoral college votes. I see this as simple politics with DeSantis positioning himself favorably with Trump voters for his next run.

The meeting was requested by DeSantis because he knows he's got some repair work ahead of him.  Ronny's more than likely maneuvering for a prime time slot at the convention ----- not quite sure what his bartering chip could be, even for this somewhat embarrassing request.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 06:14:15 pm »
DeSantis requested the meeting.  Could he be trying to buy a prime time slot at the convention?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2024, 06:37:48 pm »
The meeting was requested by DeSantis because he knows he's got some repair work ahead of him.  Ronny's more than likely maneuvering for a prime time slot at the convention ----- not quite sure what his bartering chip could be, even for this somewhat embarrassing request.
Of course you think it's embarrassing, you're so far up Donny's heinie :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 06:48:57 pm »
From the article….

Upon dropping from the race, DeSantis said that while he and the former president have their disagreements, he believed Trump would be better suited to lead the nation than Joe Biden.

Both Donald Trump and Joe Biden, for the most part,  share the same economic, fiscal, and monetary policy. Which means inflation is going to continue, regardless of who wins.

The only issue that there’s a wide gulf between Trump and Biden is on the border

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2024, 06:55:29 pm »
DeSantis requested the meeting.  Could he be trying to buy a prime time slot at the convention?

So that GOPe/Trump delegates can boo him?  I seriously doubt that.  More likely, Trump requested the meeting to gain access to DeSantis donors.  Trump doesn't have anything that DeSantis would want.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2024, 07:02:34 pm »
So that GOPe/Trump delegates can boo him?  I seriously doubt that.  More likely, Trump requested the meeting to gain access to DeSantis donors. Trump doesn't have anything that DeSantis would want.

LOL!  Your TDS slip isn't just showing a little...it's down around your knees. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2024, 07:03:32 pm »
LOL!  Your TDS slip isn't just showing a little...it's down around your knees.

I'm not the one in denial here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2024, 07:09:29 pm »
Best interest in RDS' future would have been distancing himself from the Orange Menace.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2024, 07:10:43 pm »
Of course you think it's embarrassing, you're so far up Donny's heinie :silly: :silly: :silly:  :silly:

I see you're still fixated on heinies @GtHawk  Interesting, it wasn't just a passing phase for you after all.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 07:11:49 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2024, 07:15:00 pm »

Josh Dawsey  |  April 28, 2024 at 1:16 p.m. EDT

Former president Donald Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis met privately Sunday morning in Miami, according to people familiar with the matter, breaking a years-long chill between the presumptive Republican nominee and his onetime chief primary rival.

Allies brokered the meeting in hopes of a potential détente between the two men, and Trump’s advisers hope DeSantis will tap his donor network to help raise significant sums of money for the general election, the people familiar with the matter said. Like others interviewed for this story, the people spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private deliberations.

The pair met for several hours and DeSantis agreed to help Trump. The meeting was friendly, according to a person with direct knowledge.

Trump and allied groups have lagged behind President Biden and his allies in the money chase. DeSantis has built a wide network of wealthy patrons whose assistance would be valuable in helping Trump try to close the gap, and is popular with some Republican voters who are exhausted by Trump.  .  .

.  .  .  During the Republican primary, Trump told advisers he wanted to hurt DeSantis for 2028, too. But he has moved his focus on to Biden and his criminal trial in recent weeks, and Trump allies say he would favorably view DeSantis raising money for him.  .  .  .

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2024, 07:20:23 pm »

And I personally agree with Governor DeSantis.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2024, 07:20:35 pm »
So that GOPe/Trump delegates can boo him?  I seriously doubt that.  More likely, Trump requested the meeting to gain access to DeSantis donors.  Trump doesn't have anything that DeSantis would want.

Actually, the request coming from DeSantis isn't speculation.  Apparently, Ronny has come to appreciate the magnitude of the mistake he made this year and understands what he needs to do.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2024, 07:44:22 pm »
Trump’s advisers hope DeSantis will tap his donor network to help raise significant sums of money for the general election, the people familiar with the matter said.

Judging by the article it appear the Trump is wanting $$ and hoping to tap some of DeSantis' donors with his help.

I definitely don't see that as DeSantis trying to position himself for '28 or the VP slot.  DeSantis as VP - No.  Definitely not!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2024, 07:51:15 pm »

Josh Dawsey  |  April 28, 2024 at 1:16 p.m. EDT

Trump and allied groups have lagged behind President Biden and his allies in the money chase. DeSantis has built a wide network of wealthy patrons whose assistance would be valuable in helping Trump try to close the gap, and is popular with some Republican voters who are exhausted by Trump.  .  .

.  .  .  During the Republican primary, Trump told advisers he wanted to hurt DeSantis for 2028, too. But he has moved his focus on to Biden and his criminal trial in recent weeks, and Trump allies say he would favorably view DeSantis raising money for him.  .  .  .

So either DeSantis kisses butt or Trump will promise to dump on him in 4 years.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2024, 08:08:34 pm »
Trump is probably trying to unload some of those Bibles.  :whistle:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Mod2

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2024, 08:19:45 pm »
Topics merged

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2024, 08:55:26 pm »
Trump is probably trying to unload some of those Bibles.  :whistle:

I highly doubt DeSantis is interested.   :laugh:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2024, 09:03:24 pm »
So either DeSantis kisses butt or Trump will promise to dump on him in 4 years.

Let's see .... in 4 years DeSantis will be 49 and Trump will be 81. Just sayin'   DeSantis isn't afraid of Trump....DeSantis could have easily turned the tables on Trump due to his age and becoming unhinged, but he's much wiser and smarter than that.

Whether DeSantis will run or not in '28 is pure speculation at this point.  Who knows what another 4 years of Biden or Trump will bring us.

IMHO Biden and Trump's ace in the hole is who they select for VP -- more so Biden than Trump. If Biden selects a well known formidable VP, Trump isn't going to know what hit him.  Further, I still expect either Biden stepping down at the convention or the DNC selecting someone other than Biden.  Perhaps that's why Trump is patiently waiting to select his VP.