Author Topic: Miranda Devine: We’ve finally found an issue that unites the country — Trump’s potential VP pick sh  (Read 4728 times)

Online roamer_1

Is that the one who would drop the frisbee through the fence?

LOL! Yeah, that's him.  happy77

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Who allowed her to tell this story while channeling Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultieri?

Did her editor never hear of the words "difficult decision",  "no choice but to euthanize the dog"?  And I would like to know who thought shooting a "PUPPY" had a reassuring feel to it.  Everyone involved in this is an idiot.   **nononono*

Pro-tip to the editor(s):  Don't tempt fate ----- stay as far away from that gravel pit as humanly possible.    88devil

Online roamer_1

The vast majority of bad dog behavior  is from the human owner not training the dog, raising it wrong-wrong correction measured etc I bet the dog was in an outdoor kennel with minimal human contact
My wife volunteers at a dog obedience school. She has seen some horrendous dogs but after training became the best dogs ever ..it is rate just a few examples after 20 years a dog could not be trained.

Just shooting a dog is the lazy way out for people that do not want to spend the time training their dog

Funny that. Because Chewy was as trained as they come. He hardly ever saw a leash, even though he went with me everywhere. He knew to heel or scout and would take command by voice, whistle or hand signal, near by or way out in the field. Knew woods commands too... I could tell him where camp was and that's where he would return if we got separated. That dog was all that and then some.

A lot of things he just knew... Like keeping the cows off me while fixing a fence..... Keeping an extra eye on the bull(s)... All I generally had to do as open a gate and say 'git em'... He knew what to do next.

Damn fine dog. Hours and hours of training. Nothing lazy about that at all.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Looking at this thread, I guess the moral of the story is that you should surround yourself with people (and dogs) that add value to your life, and get rid of those that don't. I have always lived my life this way, and while I have "old man" regrets, I can see that some of the key decisions I made to unburden myself of negative influences paid big dividends in terms of my well-being.  One of those decisions was to leave TOS way back in the day. I did not put JR into a pit and fill him with lead, however. Although I must say that image has a certain appeal. Just sayin'.

Offline mountaineer

I did not put JR into a pit and fill him with lead, however. Although I must say that image has a certain appeal. Just sayin'.
We all have had people like that in our lives, I'm sure. Resisting the temptation can be quite an accomplishment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
From the article...

Sure, it’s a fact of life on farms and ranches that animals will have to be put down, but to do so in anger, as Noem apparently did, is appalling. The dog was young, and she had failed to train it properly or keep it under control.

Yup

She has poor impulse control so in that sense she's a perfect VP pick for Trump

Dog was killing chickens.  I doubt she'd have put it down if not for that fact.

Online banddag

Why was she allowing her dog to run wild especially on other peoples property? She is an idiot.

Online roamer_1

That alone. AND it bit her in the process.

All done. Dirt nap.

It's interesting, the difference in the argument on this thread. All the folks I see defending her are folks I know to be Country. There is a wide gap that shows how far folks can be from reality.

Folks get freaked out with the idea that I can love my dog, but still pull that trigger when it becomes necessary.
Must be because I can also love a steer, feed it every day, look after it for its own good - Feed it cubes from my hand... But all the while, still for that one bad day... when I send him off to freezer camp.

It's a hundred times worse to do to your dog... Maybe a thousand times worse... But if you have it to do... That shows me she has the balls for it - less often found in a woman - and the integrity to tackle hard decisions.

She'll do. Damn straight. And it boggles me that folks would frame that as a fault.

Online roamer_1

Why was she allowing her dog to run wild especially on other peoples property? She is an idiot.

Entirely common in the sticks... Like I said, my dogs are seldom on a leash, and we visit other farms all the time. Once introduced to the yard dogs at the farm, the visiting dog looks forward to seeing his buddies - Same goes for roundup. Cowboys from all over descend - Every one of em with a dog. It's a great thing to see all those dogs come together and work the herd.

Hunting camp - SAME. But worse. Mostly Husky based dogs up in there. Mountain dogs are gonna fight till they get a pecking order figured out. Then they're fine.

The idea that dogs must be leashed is only demanded by people who pick up poop in baggies.

Offline LMAO

Somehow, she claims her dog and goat killing rampage as evidence that she should be in politics because it’s evidence she can make the tough decisions

I don’t know how budget issues  and dog and goat killing rampages are tied together

She’s an example of why some people should never be allowed to own a dog.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:50:03 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Somehow, she claims her dog and goat killing rampage as evidence that she should be in politics because it’s evidence she can make the tough decisions

I don’t know how budget issues  and dog and goat killing rampages are tied together

She’s an example of why some people should never be allowed to own a dog.
How many Federal offices and programs should be 'put down'? Yet no one seems to have the wherewithal to do it.

That's the parallel. No one wants to be the one to shoot Ol' Yeller, even though it has to be done.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I've never seen a pack of hunting dogs leashed.   Maybe I need to get out more.  Sounds like this dog just broke from the pack and sprinted to murder some chickens.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Romney rejects Noem comparison: ‘I didn’t shoot my dog’
by Sarah Fortinsky - 05/01/24 10:15 AM ET

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) pushed back on comparisons between the politically damaging dog stories that plagued both his and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem’s (R) potential bids for the White House.

During Romney’s 2012 presidential campaign, a decades-old story about him tying his dog Seamus to the roof of his car on a family road trip became a political headache for the then-Republican candidate for the White House.

Now, more than a decade later, Noem faces a similar political firestorm that could doom her chances of being selected as former President Trump’s running mate in 2024. But Romney rejected the correlation.

“I didn’t eat my dog. I didn’t shoot my dog,” Romney said Tuesday in an interview with HuffPost. “I loved my dog, and my dog loved me.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4635503-mitt-romney-kristi-noem-dog-anecotes-white-house-chances/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

“I didn’t eat my dog. I didn’t shoot my dog,” Romney said Tuesday in an interview with HuffPost. “I loved my dog, and my dog loved me.”

Wait. Noem ate her dog?  Did I miss something?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wait. Noem ate her dog?  Did I miss something?

No idea what he was referring to unless it was Obama... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

No idea what he was referring to unless it was Obama... :shrug:

That’s who I thought he was referring to

Never eaten dog myself, but from what I understand, it’s an acquired taste

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

That’s who I thought he was referring to

Never eaten dog myself, but from what I understand, it’s an acquired taste

:shrug: Coyote ain't terrible... Not preferred, but it'll eat. About like coon, but not as greasy... needs to be in the pot a while.