Author Topic: Senators unsure about House plan to boost troop pay, housing stipends  (Read 418 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senators unsure about House plan to boost troop pay, housing stipends
By Leo Shane III
 Thursday, Apr 25

House lawmakers have proposed a plan to increase junior enlisted pay and boost housing stipends as a way to improve military quality of life. (Navy)

House lawmakers are pushing ahead with plans to boost junior enlisted pay and other military family financial support as part of an ambitious quality of life overhaul for troops, but Senate lawmakers still aren’t sold on the idea.

Last week, leaders from the House Armed Services Committee announced their Servicemember Quality of Life Improvement Act would serve as the basis for this year’s draft of the annual defense authorization bill.

The move signals that discussions regarding increasing military pay and support services will be at the center of the committee’s upcoming work on the must-pass authorization legislation.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2024/04/25/senators-unsure-about-house-plan-to-boost-troop-pay-housing-stipends/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Senators unsure about House plan to boost troop pay, housing stipends
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 03:58:17 pm »
They’d much rather be spending more money on illegal aliens and liberal virtue-signaling.