Author Topic: Historically, Here's What Happens When Gun Control Disarms Citizens  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Historically, Here's What Happens When Gun Control Disarms Citizens
Story by Mike Fishmore • 19h

The Second Amendment, ratified in 1791 as part of the Bill of Rights, has been a subject of debate due to its somewhat ambiguous language, particularly the reference to a "well-regulated Militia" and the right of the people to "keep and bear Arms."

Over time, the emphasis on individual gun ownership has overshadowed the initial focus on the role of a well-regulated militia and the safeguarding of a free state. This shift has prompted extensive discussions on the original intent of the amendment and the evolving societal context in which it is applied.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/historically-here-s-what-happens-when-gun-control-disarms-citizens/ss-AA1nJJ2X?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=c68f1830dff14e7b8b5caf539867b27c&ei=43
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson