Author Topic: ‘For The Love Of God’: Leaked Audio Reveals Dem Gov Ripping Biden Admin Over Border Security  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘For The Love Of God’: Leaked Audio Reveals Dem Gov Ripping Biden Admin Over Border Security

JASON HOPKINS CONTRIBUTOR
April 26, 2024 3:56 PM ET

In a leaked audio recording posted on social media, New Mexico Democrat Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham can be heard expressing deep frustration with Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and threatening to send a letter accusing his department of failing to work with her on border security.

“For the love of god, put [Border Patrol agents] at the border in Sunland Park where I don’t have a single Border Patrol agent — not one. And people pour over. And so I’m cranky with the Secretary,” Grisham is heard saying in the audio, which was first posted by an anonymous account on X.

The conversation appeared to largely revolve around federal government seizures of licensed medical and recreational cannabis at Border Patrol checkpoints in New Mexico.

However, it’s not immediately clear who the governor was speaking with. A spokesman for her office confirmed to the Daily Caller News Foundation that the audio was authentic, but declined to identify who the other individual was, only saying the person was a “high level admin official.”

https://dailycaller.com/2024/04/26/g...o-immigration/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson