Author Topic: No, Climate Change Isn’t A Child Labor ‘Threat Multiplier’, But Green Policies Are  (Read 94 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, Climate Change Isn’t A Child Labor ‘Threat Multiplier’, But Green Policies Are
by Linnea Lueken  6 hours ago 

A recent Bloomberg article describes a new tool that scores companies based on how much they rely on child labor, which the news outlet claims is exacerbated by climate change. This is false. [emphasis, links added]

While weather disasters can force people into desperate circumstances, extreme weather is not getting worse.

Further, it is much more likely that the increasingly forced energy transition to renewable energy technologies in the name of stopping climate change is a much more direct child labor threat multiplier.

In the article, titled “Climate Change Poses a Child Labor ‘Threat Multiplier’,” Bloomberg describes the new tool as an AI-driven index it refers to as a “newly developed quantitative approach [that] may help raise its prominence as an environmental, social, and governance issue.”

This corporate-speak means that it is supposed to be used to pressure companies that rely on high amounts of child labor anywhere in their supply chain.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/no-climate-change-isnt-a-child-labor-threat-multiplier-but-green-policies-are/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson