Author Topic: Prices rises sharply again, PCE shows, and signals progress on slowing inflation stalls  (Read 432 times)

Offline libertybele

Regardless of what the stats indicate, have you been to the grocery store lately?  I couldn't believe how much groceries have gone up since the last time I shopped -- I estimate I spent $110-$120 more this month than last. Let's Go Brandon!!!! 

Prices rises sharply again, PCE shows, and signals progress on slowing inflation stalls

Prices in the U.S. jumped again in March based on the Federal Reserve’s preferred PCE index, signaling that progress on reducing inflation has stalled.

The PCE index rose 0.3% last month, the government said Friday. Economists polled by The Wall Street Journal had forecast a 0.3% gain.

The more closely followed core rate that strips out food and energy also increased 0.3%. The core index is viewed as a better predictor of future inflation.

The inflation readings in February and January, meanwhile, were revised to show slightly bigger increases than previously reported. But the changes were small enough that the prior estimates for headline and core PCE were basically unchanged due to rounding.

The yearly rate of inflation, meanwhile, climbed to 2.7% from 2.5%.

The rate of core inflation in the 12 months ended in March was unchanged at 2.8%..............

https://www.marketwatch.com/livecoverage/march-pce-report-hot-inflation-reading-forecasted-after-gdp-data/card/prices-rises-sharply-again-pce-shows-and-signals-progress-on-slowing-inflation-stalls-ybnTskvnrmraHcqNYnbW?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

We re looking at at least 8-10 years before this is solved. It's clear that neither candidate this round is interested in dealing seriously with this issue

So let's say someone gets elected who is serious in 2028. That person doesn't get sworn in until 2029.  This isn't something that gets fixed in one year. It will take awhile even with the right policies

But with these numbers, there is no way Biden and the media will have any hope to convince the electorate that the economy is doing great

« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 10:35:38 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

Print more money and give it away. That'll fix it.

Offline libertybele

We re looking at at least 8-10 years before this is solved. It's clear that neither candidate this round is interested in dealing seriously with this issue

So let's say someone gets elected who is serious in 2028. That person doesn't get sworn in until 2029.  This isn't something that gets fixed in one year. It will take awhile even with the right policies

But with these numbers, there is no way Biden and the media will have any hope to convince the electorate that the economy is doing great

It's not a matter of the numbers.  It's a matter of Americans' pain at the gas pump, trying to keep food on the table and trying to geed their families.  No one needs to know the stats, all one needs to do is try to balance their monthly budget and try to make ends meet.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Print more money and give it away. That'll fix it.

Yeppers -- that works every time.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Wrong Policies = Bad Results

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.