Author Topic: China is ‘moving at breathtaking speed in space,’ Space Force general says in Tokyo  (Read 333 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China is ‘moving at breathtaking speed in space,’ Space Force general says in Tokyo

By SETH ROBSON STARS AND STRIPES • April 25, 2024 The head of U.S. Space Command, Space

TOKYO — U.S. Space Command’s new leader warned of China’s rapidly advancing space capabilities this week following meetings with his South Korean and Japanese counterparts. “We’re seriously focused at U.S. Space Command on our pacing challenge, which is the People’s Republic of China,” Space Force Gen. Stephen Whiting told reporters during an online press conference from Japan’s capital Wednesday. The Tokyo stop was part of a tour that has included visits to South Korea and U.S. Indo-Pacific Command in Hawaii. Beijing is “moving at breathtaking speed in space,” Whiting said, noting that China is rapidly developing a range of counter-space weapons that threaten American space capabilities.

Read more at: https://www.stripes.com/branches/space_force/2024-04-25/space-force-china-japan-korea-13651897.html
Source - Stars and Stripes
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've no inside knowledge, but I'll reckon that one of the reasons they're moving ahead of us is that there aren't many (any?) "DEI hires" amongst the Chinese in their space programs...