Author Topic: US-led Gaza humanitarian aid pier comes under fire, UN officials say  (Read 377 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US-led Gaza humanitarian aid pier comes under fire, UN officials say
By Lolita C. Baldor, Julia Frankel and Jon Gambrell, The Associated Press
 Apr 25, 04:49 PM

The Navy is sending hundreds of sailors and multiple ships to help construct a humanitarian aid pier off the Gaza Strip. Soldiers are shown here building such a causeway off the coast of Australia in 2023. (Army)
JERUSALEM — An under-construction pier for a U.S.-led project to bring aid into the Gaza Strip came under fire Wednesday, forcing U.N. officials to take shelter there, Israeli and U.N. officials said.

No militant group immediately claimed responsibility for the assault, which the Israelis described as a mortar shell attack.

Authorities said that no one was wounded.

The attack marks a shaky start to the construction of the pier, a project that the U.S. is spearheading to surge humanitarian aid into Gaza. A Hamas official told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the militant group will resist any foreign military presence involved with the port project.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/04/25/us-led-gaza-humanitarian-aid-pier-comes-under-fire-un-officials-say/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US-led Gaza humanitarian aid pier comes under fire, UN officials say
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 04:30:47 pm »
Was there any doubt, in anyone's mind, anywhere in the world, that this wouldn't happen? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: US-led Gaza humanitarian aid pier comes under fire, UN officials say
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 05:35:40 pm »
To end Gazans' suffering, Hamas can surrender and release their hostages at any time.

Hamas and Iran want to draw Western nations, and their troops, into an asymmetrical ground conflict to bleed the solidarity, treasure, and resolve of the West to remain in the Middle East.

We don't need Middle East oil anymore, (unless Biden buy oil from Iran to replenish the Stategic Petroleum Reserve), so we don't need to be on the ground nor in the region.  Let the buyers or suppliers of Persian Gulf oil expend their own blood and treasure to protect freedom of navigation.

America does not need to expend more blood and treasure to provide security to Britain's former protectorates in the Middle East.

Empires die for a reason ... they over-extend themselves in wars of foreign adventure and ignore the homefront.

What did America get for 20 years in Afghanistan?  Heroin and more future terrorists.

What did America get for nearly 20 years in Iraq?  ISIS/ISIL

There will not be a Pax Americana in the Middle East.  It is a mirage that has distracted and beguiled American foreign policy since the late 1940's.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 05:37:16 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.