Author Topic: Prepositioned stocks will get new aid to Ukraine quickly, top US officer says  (Read 83 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Prepositioned stocks will get new aid to Ukraine quickly, top US officer says
Aircraft are likely “already flying” material toward the beleaguered country, senior official says.
PATRICK TUCKER | APRIL 24, 2024

The Pentagon had already begun moving new aid toward Ukraine in anticipation of its release this morning by the U.S. president, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs said Wednesday.

“Seeing that we were getting closer and closer—particularly last week when the House passed [the supplemental package]—we were well postured with the authorities and movement of munitions to Ukraine,” Gen. C.Q. Brown told reporters at a Pentagon press conference. “We've already leaned pretty far forward on a lot of areas. We're moving out and we'll get capability to Ukraine as quickly as possible.”

Added William LaPlante, defense undersecretary for acquisition: “Literally, right now, there are planes flying probably with equipment to Ukraine. We all needed [the President] to sign the bill and we're gone, or we're writing contracts this afternoon.”

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2024/04/prepositioned-stocks-will-get-new-aid-ukraine-quickly-top-us-officer-says/396053/?oref=d1-skybox-hp
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson