Author Topic: Trump says it was 'made clear' that a president 'has to have immunity,' during 'monumental' SCOTUS a  (Read 857 times)

Online libertybele

He's very confident.  Different news sources are reporting different opinions; none of which I read at least, feel that he is going to be granted full immunity.  I listened to some of the arguments by his lawyers today and I was not at all impressed.

Trump says it was 'made clear' that a president 'has to have immunity,' during 'monumental' SCOTUS arguments

Former President Trump reacted to the "monumental" hearing on presidential immunity at the Supreme Court Thursday, saying he thinks it was "made clear" that a president "has to have immunity."

The former president spoke to reporters after sitting in a Manhattan courtroom for hours Thursday—the seventh day of his criminal trial stemming from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s investigation.

Trump has pleaded not guilty to all 34 charges of falsifying business records in the first degree.

While Trump sat in court listening to witness testimony, the United States Supreme Court heard arguments on the issue of presidential immunity, and whether he is immune from prosecution in a separate case—Special Counsel Jack Smith’s case related to 2020 election interference.

Trump had requested to attend arguments in Washington D.C., but was rejected by New York Judge Juan Merchan, who has required the former president to be in court for each day of his criminal trial.

"I was forced to be here, and I’m glad I was, because it was a very interesting day in a certain way," Trump told reporters.

"The U.S. Supreme Court had a monumental hearing on immunity and the immunity having to do with presidential immunity," Trump said. "And I think it was made clear, I hope it is very clear that a president has to have immunity." ...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-it-was-made-clear-president-has-to-have-immunity-during-monumental-scotus-arguments
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online The_Reader_David

He is correct, but only for ministerial acts.  Being President should not give you a pass to commit armed robbery, murder, or any other ordinary crime.  The remedy for criminal conduct of government as such is impeachment.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

King George III tried to make the same case to American colonists in the 1770s
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.