Author Topic: House Democrats call on Biden to reinstate Title 42 and ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policies  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

House Democrats call on Biden to reinstate Title 42 and ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policies
By Social Links forVictor Nava
Published April 24, 2024, 10:55 p.m. ET

Five Democratic House lawmakers on Wednesday urged President Biden to reinstate Trump-era immigration policies to “bring order to the Southern border.”

In a joint statement, Reps. Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (D-Wash.), Jared Golden (D-Maine), Mary Peltola (D-Alaska), Vicente Gonzalez (D-Texas) and Don Davis (D-NC) called on the 81-year-old president to use executive action to reimplement Title 42 and the so-called Remain in Mexico program.

Their plea comes after all five Democrats voted in favor of a border security bill put forward by House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) on Saturday, which failed to garner the two-thirds majority support needed to pass.

The failed vote came on the same day the House passed a $95 billion spending bill for Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan and humanitarian aid in Gaza.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/24/us-news/house-democrats-call-on-biden-to-reinstate-title-42-and-remain-in-mexico/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:27:34 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson