Author Topic: PETER MURPHY: If you like your appliances, you can't keep them, according to Joe Biden  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
PETER MURPHY: If you like your appliances, you can't keep them, according to Joe Biden
by: Peter Murphy 04/22/2024

In the name of supposed efficiency and saving the planet from the fatuous prediction of a 1.5 degree average temperature increase in the next 26 years (give or take), the Biden administration has from its beginning declared war on Americans’ household appliances. As with so many other policies in the administration’s global warming arsenal, mandating invariably higher-cost household items is another dagger at Americans’ family budgets.

Last month, the U.S. Department of Energy released final “energy efficiency” requirements for residential washers and dryers that it claims will save consumers $39 billion in the next 30 years and reduce 71 metro tons of “harmful carbon emissions” over the same period, opined Energy Secretary, Jennifer Granholm. More fantastical than these numbers is her assertion that American households will reap $1 trillion (!) from forcing Americans to scrap all the household appliances in the administration’s crosshairs.

This is the same Secretary Granholm who lied to Congress about holding stocks in companies over which she has federal jurisdiction, and failed to disclose such holdings – yet kept her job. But I digress.

https://www.humanevents.com/2024/04/22/peter-murphy-if-you-like-your-appliances-you-cant-keep-them-according-to-joe-biden
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson