Author Topic: Biden Gives Big Wind Preferential Offshore Leasing After Issuing Restrictive Oil And Gas Plan  (Read 142 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Gives Big Wind Preferential Offshore Leasing After Issuing Restrictive Oil And Gas Plan
by Nick Pope  9 hours ago in Green Energy, News Reading Time: 2 mins read

The Biden administration unveiled a plan Wednesday to hold up to a dozen offshore wind leases over the next several years as the industry struggles to cement itself in the U.S. [emphasis, links added]

The Department of the Interior (DOI) announced its five-year schedule for offshore wind leasing, which envisions lease sales for plots in the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, and waters off of American territories.

The agency expects to offer four sales in 2024, one each in 2025 and 2026, two in 2027, and four in 2028.

The offshore wind industry is struggling in the U.S., with developers up and down the East Coast backing out of contracts or requesting further assistance from the government as inflation, high borrowing costs, supply chain backups, and logistical snags have taken their toll on projects.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-gives-big-wind-preferential-offshore-leasing-after-issuing-restrictive-oil-and-gas-plan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Offshore wind will sink at the dock, or shortly afterwards. The additional expense of operating offshore and maintaining those platforms will sink such proposals in debt. Hurricane season is coming...what's on your beach?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis