Author Topic: US Army faces uphill battle to fix aviation mishap crisis  (Read 92 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army faces uphill battle to fix aviation mishap crisis
« on: April 24, 2024, 04:44:28 pm »
US Army faces uphill battle to fix aviation mishap crisis
By Jen Judson
 Apr 23, 12:23 PM

FORT NOVOSEL, Ala. — In the first half of fiscal 2023, more than a dozen U.S. Army aviators died in helicopter crashes, a startling number that prompted an aviation-wide standdown in April 2023.

The Army, after a thorough review, eventually lifted the standdown. But five months later, an MH-60 Black Hawk stealth helicopter belonging to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment crashed into the Mediterranean Sea during a training mission, killing five on board.

The accidents kept coming. Another two AH-64E Apache crew died during a training flight in Mississippi, while three crew members died in an LUH-72A Lakota helicopter crash during operations along the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas last month.

https://www.armytimes.com/training-sim/2024/04/23/us-army-faces-uphill-battle-to-fix-aviation-mishap-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson