Author Topic: Senate won’t pass border security legislation this year, Johnson's office suggests  (Read 331 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate won’t pass border security legislation this year, Johnson's office suggests
Johnson's office said the 'only way' to solve the border crisis is to elect Trump as president in November
By Elizabeth Elkind Fox News
Published April 23, 2024 2:26pm EDT | Updated April 23, 2024 4:09pm EDT

The House GOP’s push to pass border security reform through the divided 118th Congress could end up an unrealized dream.

A spokesperson for Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., pointed out to Fox News Digital that House Republicans have passed multiple border security and immigration enforcement bills – none of which have been taken up by the Democrat-controlled Senate.

The Johnson spokesperson indicated that with Republicans and Democrats still far apart on the issue, House GOP leaders are relying on former President Trump to take back the White House next year for any meaningful border policy changes to take place.

"House Republicans have passed multiple border security bills – including our signature Secure the Border Act, Laken Riley Act, and Consequences for Social Security Fraud Act – which have been ignored by the Democrat Senate and proves their unseriousness when it comes to dealing with the border catastrophe," Johnson’s office said. "Democrats have only proposed measures for political cover that won’t fix the problem, and Republicans are not going to let the White House accept anything less than transformative change."

"House Republicans understand that the only way to truly solve the problem is to elect President Trump in November."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-wont-pass-border-security-legislation-year-johnsons-office-suggests
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

As long as Biden is President, and Mayorkas runs DHS, there will be no Border Security.

What's in House GOP's control is the FY 2025 Budget ... they should focus on starving the Biden agenda of appropriations ... you kill cancer by starving it of oxygen ... you can stop Government overspending by starving it of revenue and appropriations.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, DUH!   Even I knew that.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: