Author Topic: How the U.S. Military's Fast Boats Are Changing Maritime Tactics  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How the U.S. Military's Fast Boats Are Changing Maritime Tactics

Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen (SWCC) and their Special Boat Teams are the backbone of Naval Special Warfare. Their primary role is stealthily inserting and extracting SEALs and other special operations forces into hostile coastal and riverine environments. This includes conducting direct action raids, reconnaissance missions, riverine patrols, countering enemy vessels, and even combat search and rescue. SWCCs master high-performance boats, weapons systems, and work as a tight-knit team, handling intense conditions with both physical and mental toughness. The Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen (SWCC) operate a variety of specialized equipment, with a significant focus on their unique fleet of boats designed for high-speed, stealth, and versatility in special operations missions. These boats are central to the SWCC's ability to insert, extract, and support special operations forces in environments where conventional naval vessels cannot operate. The U.S. Coast Guard utilizes high-speed boats to effectively fulfill their multifaceted missions which include search and rescue operations, maritime law enforcement, and environmental protection. High-speed boats also enhance the Coast Guard’s capability to pursue and intercept drug traffickers and illegal fishing activities, enforcing maritime law over vast ocean areas. Their agility and speed are critical in navigating through diverse and challenging maritime environments, from crowded ports to open seas, ensuring safety and security in U.S. waters. The RB-M is a technological hub designed for maritime awareness. A suite of radars, including short and long-range Furuno units, paints a clear picture of the surrounding waters, detecting everything from small vessels to weather patterns. An advanced communications package allows constant contact with shore facilities and other units, crucial for multi-agency operations. But those are just the tools; true mastery of the RB-M lies in the skill of the crew.>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-the-u-s-military-s-fast-boats-are-changing-maritime-tactics/vi-AA1njfuP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=8fe8b1b1c474428ca991fb37f91448bd&ei=22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: How the U.S. Military's Fast Boats Are Changing Maritime Tactics
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 04:03:55 pm »
I don't think our enemies need to know all this @rangerrebew
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien