Author Topic: Judge finds no probable cause to hold migrants in county jail on state riot charges  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Judge finds no probable cause to hold migrants in county jail on state riot charges
by: Julian Resendiz, Tirza Ortiz, KTSM

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 / 04:18 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 23, 2024 / 11:23 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – A county court-at-law judge on Monday found no probable cause to continue holding 140 migrants at the El Paso County Jail on state riot charges.

The charges stemmed from an April 12 mass illegal crossing from Mexico into the United States in which migrants cut or tore down razor wire placed by Texas in front of Gate 36 of the border wall in El Paso. A state prosecutor alleged the “push” forward by 142 migrants out of a group of more than 300 that forced Guard members to “back off” constitutes a riot.

Border Report has documented at least two other instances (March 21 and March 24) of multiple arrests on various charges by state authorities who have set up barriers along the river several yards in front of the U.S. border wall to discourage migrants from crossing the border between ports of entry.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/judge-finds-no-probable-cause-to-hold-migrants-in-county-jail-on-state-riot-charges/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson