Author Topic: Mexican Officials Keep Meddling In Red States’ Efforts To Crack Down On Illegal Immigration  (Read 366 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mexican Officials Keep Meddling In Red States’ Efforts To Crack Down On Illegal Immigration

JASON HOPKINS CONTRIBUTOR
April 23, 2024 3:18 PM ET

The Mexican government is publicly opposing bills passed or being considered by states that seek to crack down on illegal immigration, and becoming directly involved in efforts to squash them.

In response to what they describe as a failure of the Biden administration to handle the ongoing border crisis, a number of states have passed legislation that gives their own law enforcement officials the means to tackle the issue. Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbot recently signed into law SB4, a bill that allows local and state officers to engage in immigration enforcement. Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt, also a Republican, is considering legislation that would give local and state law enforcement the ability to arrest those they suspect of being in the U.S. illegally.

Texas’ SB4 makes it a state crime to cross the Texas-Mexico border between ports of entry. If a local or state officer suspects that an individual crossed into Texas unlawfully, they could be charged with a Class B misdemeanor, and serve up to six months jail time. Harsher jail times are handed down for repeat offenders.

However, the Mexican government has become intimately involved in opposing these bills, continuing a growing trend in Mexican President Andre Manuel Lopez Obrador’s administration of attempting to intervene in American politics.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/04/23/s...mexico-oppose/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Isn't this an act of war?