Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez emerges as key Biden surrogate for progressives, young people  (Read 98 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ocasio-Cortez emerges as key Biden surrogate for progressives, young people
by Alex Gangitano - 04/24/24 6:00 AM ET

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is emerging as a key surrogate for President Biden’s reelection campaign for young people and progressives, pushing his climate agenda as a win for those critical voting blocs.

Ocasio-Cortez’s surrogacy comes with parameters. She said she supports Biden’s reelection bid and will stand by him during a climate event, but she has also put pressure on him as an outspoken critic of the Biden administration’s handling of Israel’s war with Hamas in Gaza.

The support from AOC — as Ocasio-Cortez is widely known — lends Biden star power and left-wing credibility as he faces an uphill battle in getting young voters, as well as left-leaning voters in general, to the polls.

“AOC has immense and sustained visibility with young voters and progressives of all ages,” said former Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.), who chaired the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “She can play a very impactful role in helping to unite them to stop Donald Trump. She can remind them about Biden’s success in funding climate initiatives, reducing student debt, and more.”

As Ocasio-Cortez stood by Biden to back his climate agenda, students in her hometown of New York City were protesting Biden’s pro-Israel policy.

Ocasio-Cortez has argued that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza and has called on the Biden administration to halt military aid to Israel.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4616255-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-joe-biden-israel-hamas-gaza-climate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

So the plan  to getting young people to the polls to vote Democrat is to promise to lower their standard of living and push them further into poverty and side with a terrorist organization

Alrighty then…
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy