Author Topic: Romney: ‘You don’t pay someone $130,000 not to have sex with you’  (Read 269 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Romney: ‘You don’t pay someone $130,000 not to have sex with you’
by Alexander Bolton - 04/24/24 9:11 AM ET

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) says no one is buying the story that former President Trump didn’t have a sexual relationship with adult film actor Stormy Daniels, quipping to CNN: “you don’t pay someone $130,000 not to have sex with you.”

Trump’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, paid Daniels a week and a half before the 2016 election to stay quiet about her alleged relationship with Trump.

Daniels later described to Anderson Cooper and “60 Minutes” having sex with Trump in a hotel suite after meeting him at a celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe in 2006.

Trump later denied having an affair with Daniels and his legal team threatened to sue her for violating a non-disclosure agreement.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4617422-romney-you-dont-pay-someone-130000-not-to-have-sex-with-you/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Pierre Delecto said what, now?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pierre Delecto said what, now?

:silly: I should have thought of that...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Whenever I see Mitt Romney's nom de plume, I'm reminded of this fellow, for some reason.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

You don't pay someone $130,000 for sex; you pay them $130,000 to go away.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You don't pay someone $130,000 for sex; you pay them $130,000 to go away.
In Trump's economic weight class, I can sure see that. And yes, there are people who some might pay that much to just go away. (I don't negotiate with terrorists, and people like that can blow up a marriage, even if nothing wrong was done.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

In Trump's economic weight class, I can sure see that. And yes, there are people who some might pay that much to just go away. (I don't negotiate with terrorists, and people like that can blow up a marriage, even if nothing wrong was done.)

Trump's lawyer approached her and the playboy bunny for the NDAs. They were trying to contain his past before running for President.

And people with full time lawyers don't placate those who make false claims, they economically destroy them.

But none of what was done is illegal.