Author Topic: No, Speaker Johnson Didn’t Cave On Ukraine Funding Because Of Secret Intel Briefings  (Read 272 times)

Online corbe

No, Speaker Johnson Didn’t Cave On Ukraine Funding Because Of Secret Intel Briefings

BY: JOHN DANIEL DAVIDSON
APRIL 24, 2024

He caved because he’s weak and unprincipled and, like the rest of the GOP establishment, doesn’t care what Republican voters think.

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson is now being feted by the likes of Politico and The New York Times for selling out Republican voters and working with Democrats to pass a foreign aid package last week that will send tens of billions more taxpayer dollars to Ukraine.

If you recall, this is something Johnson repeatedly vowed he would not do until Democrats agreed to secure the southern border. He said this over and over, both before and after he became speaker.

So what explains Johnson’s about-face? According to a fawning piece in Politico, it was “sobering briefings” he received after becoming speaker. “It was the intelligence, it was the Europe generals who are in charge of the freedom of the world and of course it was the developments as well, everything has escalated,” he told the outlet.

Johnson gave a similar line to the Times: “I really do believe the intel. I think that Vladimir Putin would continue to march through Europe if he were allowed. I think he might go to the Baltics next. I think he might have a showdown with Poland or one of our NATO allies.” He said the same thing to CNN’s Jake Tapper last week, that he wants to make sure Putin “doesn’t march through Europe.” (Notice now that Johnson has helped pass the Democrats’ agenda, he’s become a darling of the corporate press, complete with an in-depth puff profile just published in The Atlantic.)

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/24/no-speaker-johnson-didnt-cave-on-ukraine-funding-because-of-secret-intel-briefings/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He caved because he’s weak and unprincipled and, like the rest of the GOP establishment, doesn’t care what Republican voters think.

:bingo:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

If you recall, this is something Johnson repeatedly vowed he would not do until Democrats agreed to secure the southern border. He said this over and over, both before and after he became speaker.

It's not just that Johnson went ahead and helped pass the Ukraine funding
without securing our own border.

Johnson ACTIVELY SABOTAGED the bill to secure our own border!

He did it by bringing the bill to secure OUR border to a vote
under a rule that requires a 2/3 majority to pass it!

https://www.c-span.org/congress/votes/?chamber=house

HOUSE VOTE 143    April 20, 2024    1:00PM ET
      On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass, as Amended
   H.R. 3602    Transnational Criminal Organization Illicit Spotter Prevention and Elimination Act
      FAILED 215-199, 17 Not Voting    2/3 Majority required

HOUSE VOTE 151    April 20, 2024    1:48PM ET
      On Passage
   H.R. 8035    Ukraine Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024
      PASSED 311-112, 7 Not Voting, 1 Present
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree with this article.  Johnson got what HE wanted in that bill, screw the people who put him in that job.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: