Author Topic: Climate Lawfare: A Well-Funded Trojan Horse For Upending Democracies  (Read 297 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Lawfare: A Well-Funded Trojan Horse For Upending Democracies
by Tilak Doshi  2 hours ago 

In an astonishing verdict, Europe’s highest human rights court ruled on April 9 that countries must better protect their citizens from “the consequences of climate change.” [emphasis, links added]

In the landmark ruling, setting a legal precedent across 46 member states of the Council of Europe, the court sided with a group of women called KlimaSeniorinnen or “Senior Women for Climate Protection.”

The elderly Swiss ladies claimed that their lives were endangered by heat waves caused by “climate change.”

In the court’s judgment, there is no uncertainty that heat waves are induced — as “scientific knowledge” supposedly makes clear — by fossil fuel use in modern industrial civilization.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-lawfare-a-well-funded-trojan-horse-for-upending-democracies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: Climate Lawfare: A Well-Funded Trojan Horse For Upending Democracies
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 02:25:13 pm »
There is not one government policy that’s going to do anything about the climate… None, zero zilch

Climate change and  changes that accompany it has  been part of the Earth  since there’s been an earth.

Climate change doesn’t scare me. It’s misguided government policy that impoverishes people without any tangible measurements of success, scares me
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 03:15:23 pm »
Those old bats can go for swim in Lake Geneva if they're too hot.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 03:55:45 pm »
There is not one government policy that’s going to do anything about the climate… None, zero zilch

Climate change and  changes that accompany it has  been part of the Earth  since there’s been an earth.

Climate change doesn’t scare me. It’s misguided government policy that impoverishes people without any tangible measurements of success, scares me

Well said @LMAO:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien