Author Topic: Migrants shipped to Martha’s Vineyard by Gov. Ron DeSantis given crime victim visas  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrants shipped to Martha’s Vineyard by Gov. Ron DeSantis given crime victim visas
Story by Emily Crane • 21h •

A handful of the migrants shipped off to Martha’s Vineyard by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis 18 months ago are now legally allowed to work in the US — because they’re considered victims of a crime, their attorney says.

The migrants applied last year for a special type of visa designated for crime victims — known as a U-visa — after they claimed they were duped into boarding charter flights from San Antonio, Texas, to the upmarket liberal enclave in Massachusetts with the false promises of jobs and housing.

At least three of the 49 migrants involved in the flight operation — spearheaded by DeSantis in September 2022 — received “bona fide determinations” for their U-visa applications this week, their immigrant attorney, Rachel Self, told the Boston Globe.

It means they can now find jobs and can’t be deported while they wait for their visa to come through, Self added.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/migrants-shipped-to-martha-s-vineyard-by-gov-ron-desantis-given-crime-victim-visas/ar-AA1nw79I?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=06756513d1514306efd16ba5dab7fbd3&ei=101
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Doesn't this open the doors for other "victims" like those who don't have high enough welfare, weren't told of the dangers they faced on their illegal journey, or were given bad maps?? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson