Author Topic: California’s latest job-killing policy is more bad news for Golden Staters  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California’s latest job-killing policy is more bad news for Golden Staters
Story by E.J. Antoni • 5h

California’s list of public policy failures was already long, but hiking its minimum wage to $20 an hour for fast-food workers may belong at the top. The predictable fallout in lost jobs and higher prices are already being felt, and the flood of residents fleeing the state is poised to accelerate.

The Golden State is already home to some of the highest taxes and costs of living in the country, the consequences of failed government policies. A higher minimum wage is more of the same.

Consider California’s "green" energy policies that have created the highest utility rates in the nation. Instead of rolling back those mandates, it’s created a new one: surcharges on utility bills, making the middle class pay more, even if they don’t use more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/california-s-latest-job-killing-policy-is-more-bad-news-for-golden-staters/ar-AA1nyyQg?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=06756513d1514306efd16ba5dab7fbd3&ei=96
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson