Author Topic: California Residents Erupt After Gas Prices Hit $7.29 per Gallon  (Read 1965 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Residents Erupt After Gas Prices Hit $7.29 per Gallon
Story by Bo Beard • 10h

A viral post on social media platform X has initiated a discussion among users regarding the acceptable price to pay for gas in a convenient local location.

X user Scott Budman shared a post featuring a picture of gas station prices at a Chevron station in Menlo Park, California.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/california-residents-erupt-after-gas-prices-hit-7-29-per-gallon/ss-AA1nxPoa?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=06756513d1514306efd16ba5dab7fbd3&ei=51
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: California Residents Erupt After Gas Prices Hit $7.29 per Gallon
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 10:53:28 am »
With the help of Biden, democrats, and rinos the price will soon be coming to a station near you. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 02:29:08 pm »
Assuming the guy's post on X is actually real, assuming the one station's price is typical of all SF Bay Area stations is an example of the Fallacy of Composition. ~20 miles south of Menlo Park, my neighborhood, we've been paying about $2 per gallon less. Gas prices in our area are up about a dollar per gallon in the past couple of months, but there's something more to that Chevron station's price than just the high price.

This gives a list of low and of high prices in San Jose, https://www.sanjosegasprices.com/ . That most of the high prices are either Chevron or Shell stations does not surprise me, and note that the station mentioned in the OP is a Chevron station.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 03:13:48 pm »
A friend in Sacramento reports regular is $5.79.9
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 03:28:17 pm »
$5.79.9 is 66%+ more than I am paying in Mass.  That 66% price premium is the Green New Deal Agenda tax.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 03:49:34 pm »
$5.79.9 is 66%+ more than I am paying in Mass.  That 66% price premium is the Green New Deal Agenda tax.
It's paying for Biden's war on oil and gas.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 05:03:51 pm »

California gas prices have been higher than the national average for a couple of decades or more, probably. Enviros and NIMBYs have been constricting supply while demand grows for a long time.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 05:39:26 pm »
California gas prices have been higher than the national average for a couple of decades or more, probably. Enviros and NIMBYs have been constricting supply while demand grows for a long time.
Don't forget Californians voting for additional gas taxes to improve the roads, remarkably they have spent huge sums to improve/replace overpasses and widen the 22 and 405 freeways near me.....oh and to turn the HOV lanes we already paid for into toll roads 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 06:22:05 pm »
I thought this is what they wanted?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2024, 10:00:57 pm »
"X user Scott Budman shared a post featuring a picture of gas station prices at a Chevron station in Menlo Park, California."

Menlo Park?
They can afford it.

The above is a serious observation, I really mean it.
Let them pay.

They're getting "what they voted for".
Good and hard.
Here's to 'em gettin' even MORE.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2024, 11:13:32 pm »
"X user Scott Budman shared a post featuring a picture of gas station prices at a Chevron station in Menlo Park, California."

Menlo Park?
They can afford it.
They're getting "what they voted for".
Good and hard.
Here's to 'em gettin' even MORE.

1. Contrary to moronic stereotypes of Silicon Valley people, we are not all millionaires lazing about in McMansions. There are plenty of people in San Mateo County and Menlo Park living on incomes less than 6 figures.

2. 25% of San Mateo County residents voted for Brian Dahle in 2022. If the name is unfamiliar, Brian Dahle's opponent in that gubernatorial election was Gavin Newsom. So at least 25% of San Mateo County residents are NOT 'getting "what they voted for"', quite the opposite. Yet another moronic stereotype worthy of @#$%-canning.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2024, 11:33:14 pm »
$5.79.9 is 66%+ more than I am paying in Mass.

81% more than I pay.

A majority of California's should be ecstatic since they're getting exactly what they voted for.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-