Author Topic: Chad Asks US to Cease Operations at Strategic Army Base  (Read 504 times)

Offline Hoodat

Chad Asks US to Cease Operations at Strategic Army Base
« on: April 24, 2024, 03:53:44 am »
Chad Asks US to Cease Operations at Strategic Army Base

Katarina Höije  |  04/20/2024  |  05:18

(Bloomberg) -- Chad called on the US to withdraw its troops from an army base in the central African country that’s one of the West’s few remaining outposts to fight a roiling jihadist insurgency in the region.

The move comes a month after Niger — another key Western ally in the region — suspended its security agreement with the US, amid a series of coups that have seen military-ruled governments in the Sahel forge closer ties with Russia while cutting those with the West.

Chad has alerted the US “to stop their activity at the base,” according to a letter to the US defense attaché seen by Bloomberg. The letter, signed by the air force chief of staff Idriss Amine Ahmed, was verified by a foreign ministry spokesman, who declined to comment further.
US broadcaster CNN on Thursday reported that Chad had asked US troops to leave the country, citing a separate letter sent to the US defense attaché.

“Chad hasn’t asked US forces to leave,” a US state department spokesman said.  .  .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/chad-asks-us-troops-to-cease-operations-at-strategic-army-base/ar-AA1njrRO

First, Niger.  Now Chad.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Chad Asks US to Cease Operations at Strategic Army Base
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 04:18:46 am »
Why is America protecting France's former African colonies?  It was cleaning up France's mess in Indochina that got us into Vietnam.

It's bad enough the British suckered the US into securing its former protectorates in the Middle East.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 04:21:21 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 09:06:27 pm »
Chad?
Why are we there?

Let Africa solve its own problems.
It has already inflicted enough damage upon the civilized world, anyway.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 10:38:16 pm »
If I understand this correctly...there is a military base there (as there was in Niger).

If I were skeptical...I'd think they want our stuff. :shrug:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 11:00:33 pm »
If I understand this correctly...there is a military base there (as there was in Niger).

If I were skeptical...I'd think they want our stuff. :shrug:
So, let them have their land back....after we return it, more or less, in the condition it was before we got there...there may be a considerable amount of cratering than when we got there :whistle: Let them cozy up to the Russians and Chicoms and get all their weapons and foreign aid from them and not a penny or drop of blood more from Americans.