Author Topic: Nonprofit allegedly misuses taxpayer funds to buy illegal migrants plane tickets to 'destination of  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nonprofit allegedly misuses taxpayer funds to buy illegal migrants plane tickets to 'destination of their choice'

CANDACE HATHAWAY
APRIL 22, 2024

A nonprofit organization allegedly misused federal taxpayer funds by purchasing airline tickets for illegal migrants, according to Border Report.

United States Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas) accused Catholic Charities of San Antonio of misusing funds granted to the organization through the FEMA Shelter and Services Program, which aims to reimburse nonprofits for the costs associated with housing migrants.

Cuellar contends that the program, which he helped start, was never intended for air travel. Instead, the funds are meant to cover food, shelter, and other humanitarian costs.

While the program does allocate “a set percentage” of funds to transportation, he noted that it was intended to provide migrants with free rides around the immediate area. He claimed that the transportation funds should be used only in emergency situations or within the city.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nonpro...f-their-choice
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rustynail

Catholic Charities are Satanic.