Author Topic: Murder trial for AZ rancher who allegedly shot trespassing illegal immigrant to death ends in mistri  (Read 1360 times)

Online mountaineer

Apr 22, 2024
BREAKING: Murder trial for Arizona rancher who allegedly shot trespassing illegal immigrant to death ends in mistrial due to hung jury
George Kelly, 75, was charged with second-degree murder and aggravated assault over the killing of Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, a 48-year-old illegal immigrant from Mexico.
Katie Daviscourt
The Post Millennial
The trial for an Arizona cattle rancher who faced murder charges after being accused of fatally shooting an illegal immigrant who trespassed on his private property has ended in a mistrial after a hung jury.

The mistrial comes after jurors were sent home over the weekend after failing to come to a verdict on Friday. Deliberations resumed on Monday, but again they failed to reach a verdict.

George Kelly, 75, was been charged with second-degree murder and aggravated assault over the killing of Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, a 48-year-old illegal immigrant from Mexico. He faced a minimum of ten years in prison if he convicted on the murder charge.

Cuen-Buitimea had previously been deported in 2016 after he illegally entered the US on multiple occasions. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Should have been acquitted.

AZ will probably retry him. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 01:21:31 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Not sure if this is mentioned in the original article, but it was an 8-member jury.

The vote was 7-to-1 for acquittal.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not sure if this is mentioned in the original article, but it was an 8-member jury.

The vote was 7-to-1 for acquittal.

Correct. One Juror held out to convict. I think charges will be refiled, just to bleed the Rancher dry.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He should have been given a medal...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Should have been acquitted.

AZ will probably retry him.

AZ will probably charge the juror who voted not guilty with a felony.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
AZ will probably charge the juror who voted not guilty with a felony.
Check again, the vote was 7-1 for acquittal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arizona rancher George Alan Kelly defense says 'lone holdout' juror blocked acquittal, state weighs 2nd trial
Kelly's defense says 7 jurors wanted 'not guilty' verdict, while 'one, lone holdout' in Arizona wanted to convict
Danielle Wallace By Danielle Wallace Fox News
Published April 23, 2024 1:33pm EDT

Arizona rancher George Alan Kelly’s defense confirmed to Fox News Digital that there was "one, lone holdout" who wanted to convict, while the remaining jurors sought an acquittal.

Arizona Superior Court Judge Thomas Fink declared that the case ended in a mistrial on Monday, as the jurors were unable to reach a unanimous decision to convict Kelly of second-degree murder or any of the lower counts of manslaughter, negligent homicide or aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Fink scheduled a 1:30 p.m. status hearing for Monday, April 29.

Fink said that the hearing next week will "allow the state to take a look at the situation and decide whether or not it wishes to ask the court to reset the matter for trial."

"The jury verdict was seven to acquit and one, lone holdout who was stubborn and would not listen to evidence," the defense team told Fox News Digital. "All the other jurors were angry about it."

The jury remained deadlocked after deliberating since Thursday for more than 15 hours.

"They won't wear me down," Kelly said at the courthouse of the potential of being tried a second time, according to AZ Central.

"I feel like I've been in suspension for 15 months, and I'm getting nowhere, and I'm still on that treadmill. We have to wait a little longer," Kelly's wife, Wanda Kelly, added Monday, according to the outlet.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-rancher-george-alan-kellys-defense-says-lone-hold-out-juror-blocked-acquittal-state-weighs-2nd-trial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Correct. One Juror held out to convict. I think charges will be refiled, just to bleed the Rancher dry.

We should be hammering that stupid AG with a recall. 

She is a disaster and this is just one instance of her letting this stuff happen.

If she refiles, (now that she's got the alternate electors on the ropes) we need to hammer her.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We should be hammering that stupid AG with a recall. 

She is a disaster and this is just one instance of her letting this stuff happen.

If she refiles, (now that she's got the alternate electors on the ropes) we need to hammer her.

I think she might be dumber than Hobbs (I saw your post on the other thread).  I never could understand why she got elected in the first place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
He should NEVER have been indicted.  PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He should NEVER have been indicted.  PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

No argument from me.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

Apparently there isn't going to be a retrial. If so, it is finally over.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I think she might be dumber than Hobbs (I saw your post on the other thread).  I never could understand why she got elected in the first place.

Because we can't seem to find people to run that won't keep their mouths shut when it's a good time to keep your mouth shut.

I am not blaming Hamadeh.  I am blaming the entire ticket. 

Turning Point says that over 300,000 GOPers requested ballots but did not return them.  Lake lost by 30,000 votes (10%).  Hamadeh lost by 300 (0.1%).  Many of those people were not happy with the whole (1) stolen election narrative (2) Fielty to Trump (3) Tenor of perceived craziness that the ticket showed in general. 

And we keep doing it.  And doing it.  And doing it.

15% of the GOP in AZ say they will back Gallego.  Screw them.

It's the ones who won't vote against her, but won't vote for her that are going to cost us.

We handing that seat to a left wing bleep whackjob who is going to make Patty Murray look like John Birch.

I throw up when I think he is going to represent this state.  &^$#@*$^$#