Author Topic: The Black Lives Matter legal revolution has come crashing down  (Read 272 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 The Black Lives Matter legal revolution has come crashing down
Opinion by Michael Lind • 17h •

It’s not a good time to be a Leftist prosecutor in the United States. Pamela Price, the elected District Attorney of Alameda County, will face a recall vote later this year following a massive increase in crime that coincided with her policies of reducing criminal penalties and prosecuting police officers who used lethal force. 

Price is just the latest progressive prosecutor to face a recall election in mostly-liberal and Democratic California. A year before was the high-profile removal of Chesa Boudin, elected as District Attorney of San Francisco in 2019.

The son of two former members of the radical Leftist Weather Underground terrorist gang, Boudin was raised by two other militants after his parents were imprisoned for their part in the murder of three people targeted by the Black Liberation Army.

Boudin as District Attorney General of San Francisco carried out a soft-on-crime policy including the elimination of cash bail and “decarceration.” He was subsequently evicted from office in 2022 by voters in a recall election campaign – supported by many of his own former prosecutors.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-black-lives-matter-legal-revolution-has-come-crashing-down/ar-AA1nsLkP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=7abd4df0ffa641f4b7a38a568dd14aeb&ei=29
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson