Author Topic: NYU anti-Israel protesters form human chain as police move in for arrests  (Read 1219 times)

Offline libertybele

I remember being in high school when the Vietnam war protests were going on -- I don't remember violence but rather 'sit outs' (not atttending class) and obviously the U.S. was involved in the war.  Older brothers and brothers of friends were on the ground over in Vietnam. The protests from what I can recall were not anti-American but aimed more towards government involvement. I was young then, but these protests seem different.  The U.S. isn't at war and none of our troops are on the ground -- yet the protests are aggressive and geared towards anti-American as well, or am I missing something here comparing the two scenarios?

The uprisings are happening across the country at different universities.  So, either the liberal indoctrination has been so successful or these 'protests' have been well planned out in advance and students don't make up the majority of those protesting???

NYU anti-Israel protesters form human chain as police move in for arrests

Anti-Israel protesters on the campus of New York University formed a human chain Monday evening as police moved in to break up the demonstration.

Video shot by Fox News Digital shows the NYPD telling students: "You have been warned by New York University to leave the area."

Those who did not leave soon, would be arrested for trespassing, NYPD said.

The university, like other campuses nationwide, has been embroiled in protests against Israel’s ongoing war in Gaza.

The protests have pitted students against one another, with pro-Palestinian students demanding that their schools condemn Israel's assault on Gaza and divest from companies that sell weapons to Israel.

Meanwhile, Jewish students have said the criticism of Israel has veered into antisemitism and made them feel unsafe, and they point out that Hamas is still holding hostages taken during the group's Oct. 7 invasion................

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyu-anti-israel-protesters-form-human-chain-police-move-arrests
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

May I suggest using your nightstick, Officer?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

These kids need a wake up call.  In the ER.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fire hoses do wonders for crowds...

Jus' sayin'
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin' Joe puffed:
"Fire hoses do wonders for crowds..."

Pro-muzzie protesters?
How about POLICE DOGS.
That's what I'd call an appropriate use of "K-9 force"...!

Online rustynail

"protesters form human chain" not that!  They are impenetrable.

Red Rover.